Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried to get private finance on a Tesla Model S in the UK? In a video on the Tesla YouTube channel Musk talks about $500/month, which would be an insanely good deal... But has anyone got any real numbers they could share?

I'm wondering if twice Musk's figure is possible, say £600/month.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I think you will find that 500 dollars month figure he quoted was factoring all silly things you could save... For example saving yourself 15mins each week filling up petrol which he worked out as 15 dollars etc etc.

In Britain figures have been quoted of around £900 a month plus roughly £5000-£6000 deposit.

·
Soul EV & Tesla Model S
241 Posts
I can concur with Dean. I have been quoted s85, metallic, tech, parking and leather 6+35 £970 ish. That was 18,000 per annum. That's personal contract hire which is about £100 per month less than the cheapest pcp. If anyone wants detail etc where from please let me know. Strangely leather & tech pack are almost free as I think Resales without them are predicted to be lower. Parking sensors add about £10 per month (I think it's cheaper for me to have them!)

What spec was your £900 per month Dean?

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I haven't had a quote (bit out of my league :)) but someone posted a similar deal to what you posted on the forum recently.

I'm holding out for a Model E. £500 a month with a decent spec and I'm in :)

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I did look into it, and got a couple of quotes for a lease, both in the 950-1100 range. For S85 with some options but decided just to pony up the money and own it

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
What colour / options you gone for Jon? Looking forward to seeing your pics!

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
nothing to lairy

S85 blue, 19 inch wheels
tech package
parking sensors
dual chargers
parcel shelf (now included free)
7.5 m type 2 (now included free)

decided against the pano roof and the performance pack,

still about 6 weeks until its due here, will post photos when it lands

·
Super Moderator
7,576 Posts
Sounds like the same spec I would pick (with cream leather, looks great with the blue!)

I think the performance package is overkill, even the s60 is fast! And the p+ is a bit boy racer/attention grabbing, but without making any meaningful difference (to me)

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Disappointing, the number is basically a lie. The actual figure is 4x what Musk claimed.

I'd like to own one, and could deal with longer term finance if it were available. Tesla seems to have got some special deals in the US that make it more attractive, plus there are bigger incentives over there too. Shame our government doesn't really seem to be serious about EVs yet.

·
Soul EV & Tesla Model S
241 Posts
Nice Jon. @**** I agree. I think it's pretty cheap factoring in electric savings. We can all do that ourselves. From what I remember they also factored in time savings from not visiting gas stations!

I spoke to Telsa and they basically told me to hang fire as finance options coming. I'm chomping at the bit to order. I've been told if I Order now it's October delivery. Think I may be the sad person waiting at a supercharger to chat to owners!

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Interesting Peter, I will wait and see what they come up with. I'd like to buy one but it all depends on how good the finance offer is.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks, seems to be on a par with what people suggested. Actually that is somewhat encouraging, because hopefully Tesla will set up better deals.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, we still get screwed on the price, mostly due to tax and import duty I imagine, but 50k for the base model with a good finance deal is within my range.

·
Super Moderator
7,576 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
I was mostly pointing it out as a curiosity. I would love to buy that for myself... if I could bring myself to spend that much on a car. But mostly I just wanted to point out that there will appear a used market on these vehicles, including Tesla Model S, to which those of us on a more frugal budget can turn.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I wouldn't normally spend that much on a car, but I'd make an exception for a Tesla and hand on to it for 10+ years.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts