Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Wondering if you could assist me here. I have a 2018 GTE Advance. Getting to that time of year when I like to preheat the car around 10mins before I leave. When I log on to the app it’s telling me the lights are on and the vehicle is unlocked and it simply doesn’t let me do anything (see image attached). I’d be ever so grateful if you folk would be kind enough to point me in the right direction as to what I should do. Thanks in advance
4ED95275-B62C-42EE-A6EA-C37705E56066.png

·
Registered
559 Posts
Has it been working ok and just stopped working, or have you just started using it?

I think the problem is usually with the link between the car and the "VW cloud". The technical IT term is "it's a bit s**t".

It has been working fine for me over the last 6+ months, but tonight I can't connect to the car. The mobile signal here is very poor which I think is a factor, but sometimes it seems that it needs a VW bod to turn the server off and on again.

Short term fix may just be to setup your departure timer (s) using the eManager menu in the car. ☹

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi buddy,
It’s been working fine for the last 6months or so on mine too. Just suddenly stopped working on Saturday.
Just wondering, do you think I should contact VW support, or given enough time do you think they will carry out the necessary update/reset themselves?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Wouldn't hurt to contact VW, but I am not sure how helpful they will be unfortunately.

Has it got details of your last journey recorded and are they 'up to date'?

FWIW I was able to setup a departure time last night with Car Net and was also able to check the car when it was on a public charger this morning.
Since getting home it is showing today's journey and remaining range when I got home correctly, but won't let me start an immediate charge or set a departure time for tomorrow.
I suspect the problem for me is mobile signal.
No idea what network VW use, but all the mobile networks here are patchy at best.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The details of the last journey recorded are from Saturday afternoon. That was the last time it was driven before “We Connect” stopped working. 🤔

·
Registered
559 Posts
I suspect when We Connect starts working again you will be left with a gap in the journey history.

I am out and about tomorrow, will let you know if Car Net starts working again for me.

Sorry I can't be more help.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition
4,324 Posts
Not that it helps much, but mine has been working fine the last few months. It does have the occasional problem at the server end, but I can set departure times etc even where I live where mobile coverage is extremely patchy.

Have you tried uninstalling the app and starting again?

·
Registered
559 Posts
We don't connect is clunky as hell. Mine never works as it should.
The new We Connect ID app is much more responsive, and works with GTE and eGolf. Functionality is limited at the moment, but will no doubt improve.

I don't think it will solve the OP's problem though - neither app is connecting successfully for me at the moment.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition
4,324 Posts
The new We Connect ID app is much more responsive, and works with GTE and eGolf. Functionality is limited at the moment, but will no doubt improve.

I don't think it will solve the OP's problem though - neither app is connecting successfully for me at the moment.
Interestingly, the We Connect ID App for me doesn’t work very well now, I have to log out and back in before it shows charge status etc, I’m finding that We Connect works better, and still has the better functionality of course.

I wouldn’t rely on either of them though!

My Elli RFID card doesn’t work either, about to give up on that.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Popped out earlier - was able to connect to the car when I was out, and now I am back I can connect and set a departure time. 🤔

Both the Connect app and the Connect ID app are working for me, I don't know if phone model / Apple / Android makes any difference (I have a Pixel 2).

One of the reported issues with smart chargers that some VWs suffer from is that the car goes into too deep a sleep, and the charger cannot wake it. Same could apply to the app?

Long shot, but can you connect if the ignition is on?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Noooo, still can’t connect with ignition on 😩
Yeah, that was a bit clutching at straws of me.

My GTE still connecting happily, parked within 3" of where it was parked yesterday when it wouldn't connect. Somehow the act of starting the car and going for a drive must have reset something - too much of a coincidence otherwise.

The Zappi gave me a 'charge delayed' error message yesterday which means apparently that it failed to get the car to talk to it 🤔. Unplugging and replugging the charge lead fixed it.

Tooks' idea of reinstalling the app is worth trying and relatively painless. Deleting and re-pairing the car can be a faff but is probably the next step, or a call to VW.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I've found in some cases when the app wouldn't connect, unlocking and then locking the car from the key sorts the issue out. Might wake up a computer?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As an update guys, just rang VW and was put through to WeConnect support team. They’ve told me car needs to go to dealer. It’s not connecting with their server. Booked in.

·
Registered
65 Posts
There is a connection module that fails . Is the green light on above your head ? That proves there is an external connection. Its near the SOS button.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts