Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an ID3. Car stopped synchronising after I completed a home charge.
This was ok, but then this morning when I tried to unlock the car, the key wasnt automatically or manually locjing the vehicle - the alarm now is going off, and have tried to use the spare key, any ideas please anyone. Cannot now enter vehicle without alarm going off, as it does not recognise it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
You have to put the key in cup holder in the middle, there should be key sign? To synchronize it again. This is what somebody said.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an ID3. Car stopped synchronising after I completed a home charge.
This was ok, but then this morning when I tried to unlock the car, the key wasnt automatically or manually locjing the vehicle - the alarm now is going off, and have tried to use the spare key, any ideas please anyone. Cannot now enter vehicle without alarm going off, as it does not recognise it.
From the online manual, hope this does the trick:
Synchronising the vehicle key

If you cannot lock or unlock the vehicle with the vehicle key, synchronise the vehicle key or replace the button cell Vehicle key, Refilling.
Synchronising the vehicle key:
  • Stand beside the vehicle.
  • Press the button on the vehicle key twice in quick succession.
OR:
  • Remove the spare key Vehicle key, Manual operation.
  • If necessary, remove the cover of the driver door handle Doors, Manual operation.
  • Press the button on the vehicle key.
  • Unlock the vehicle using the spare key.
  • Open the driver door. If the vehicle has an anti-theft alarm, this will be triggered immediately Anti-theft alarm, Description.
  • Switch on the ignition.
    The synchronisation process is complete.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I would also suggest that you check the state of the 12v battery and top it up with a battery charger if it is low. There seem to be some 1st Editions with 12v battery drain issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts