Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else experiencing problems connecting to the LEAF in the mornings to pre-heat the car. I have no problems connecting later on in the day so im wondering is it down to traffic that i cannot connect.

I leave my home at different times each morning so its not practical to setup a schedule.

Just wish we had a button on the remote to pre-heat the car, would be much easier!

·
Super Moderator
7,610 Posts
Agreed! I can usually -see- my car when I want it to preheat but if carwings is down, tough. Even a button on /in the car would be helpful.

Reactions: Paul

·
Registered
964 Posts
Couldn't connect to check SOC this morning but that's not uncommon with our local mobile "network", wierd thing is it took the start charge command though!? Needed to over ride timer to go from 80 to 100%.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Carwings I'm sure will be a "hot topic" for the Global Nissan LEAF Advisory Board, we're gathering next week.
Paul, It would be very useful to know if Nissan have a dealer/repairer policy on leaving cars at max SOC for months on end whilst investigations proceed at a snails pace, especially with Japan, on warranty work. Our charger replacement took over 3 months and yes, the whole time Carwings showed it was at 100%! Yesterday I came to MK and back, only 48 miles range on a 100% charge in each direction:(.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have you tried 'LEAF Manager' application?

It works even when Carwings is down, don't know how but it has done a few times now.
I'll give that a go tomorrow morning

·
Registered
543 Posts
Tried Leaf Manager too and still no luck, can't update the status on the desktop site either. Looking at my driving history, it's up to date as far as Monday this week so it's definitely communicating but I haven't been able to update the vehicle status or remotely heat the car etc for a couple of weeks now.

TBH pretty much given up on [email protected] now, I just use the heat timer in the car if I know I'll need it heating up in the mornings etc. It really could be so much better but like anything, if it's not reliable then it's not much use.

·
Super Moderator
7,610 Posts
I often find the app "can't" communicate with the car. But, if I send the climate start or charge start request it does work, I just can't get any info back from the car.

Although today, it's just full on busted.

·
Registered
543 Posts
What would be useful (assuming it's working ;-) is if you could get it to notify you when the charge reaches a pre-determined level. eg: when I'm going up and down the motorway, I know I need 85% from the last charge to get me home, it's usually between about 35-45 mins for this but it would be great if whilst I'm having my coffee and laptop session in the services that it could just let me know when it's ready.

Anyone got any other Carwings suggestions?

·
Registered
543 Posts
What would be useful (assuming it's working ;-) is if you could get it to notify you when the charge reaches a pre-determined level. eg: when I'm going up and down the motorway, I know I need 85% from the last charge to get me home, it's usually between about 35-45 mins for this but it would be great if whilst I'm having my coffee and laptop session in the services that it could just let me know when it's ready.

Anyone got any other Carwings suggestions?
Not had any experience with Chargebump yet but I guess it would be a great feature to incorporate into the app, so you and whoever might be waiting gets a little 'bump' when the charge hits the level required and both can return to the car at the right time??

·
Super Moderator
12,112 Posts
It is on Android, not sure about those silly fruit based things. ;)
There is a fruit flavoured alternative from a different programmer. I have on my iPhone 3G as Carwings does't support old fruit.

No annoying ads like the Leaf Manager.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That would be a great idea. Would save creating a forum thread like this every other day to check the carwings status ☺

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.