Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, we finally picked up our new 30Kw Accenta on Saturday. Very happy with it, but still can't get the ConnectEV App/website to talk to the car.

Before we picked up the car, the garage instructed us to set up our account on the website using the VIN which they sent us. (They said that they needed to "reset" the system after we'd done this, apparently this helps prevent future problems?).

However, the phone app/website are not talking to the car. In the car, I've tried to enter our details in the "security information" section. I've entered the 16 character USERID string given by the phone app (ie. not our email address that we use to login on the website - that won't even fit in the car which has a 16 character limit), and the password we used when setting up the account on the website. I get the message "Connecting", and then (sometimes) "Authentication", but that's as far as it goes - just get a message "Connection to centre failed" I've tried many times, and just not getting anywhere.

Interestingly, the first time I try this after entering the details, the connection really goes down (the car icon goes grey, with a red line crossing it out) during the connection process. After 60 seconds or so, the connection comes back up, and I'm offered the chance to retry - then generally the connection stays live, and I go through the Connection ... Authentication ... Failed sequence.

Any advice as to how I get this working?

Cheers

Paul.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Paul
I am assuming your TCU has been replaced prior to the vehicle being released to you as it should have been and that the dealer service department have done there part by sending a photo of the serial number and IMEI of the replced TCU to Nissan and my last assumption is you are UK based, then you should not have to enter anything in the security settings page in the vehicle after you have registered on the You + website and enabled connected services and then download the connect EV app on your phone and logged in using the same login information used for the web login.

All I did after my TCU was replaced and the above had been done was ensure the car was in a strong signal area (somewhere there is a good population of phone masts) just to ensure a good connection to the server, then just tap the update icon (see below) on the app
image.jpeg
and wait until the app refreshed and all was then functioning. It did take a while to refresh approx 5 minutes.

However if this doesn't work,I did read on this forum that even after the TCU had been replaced there were some vehicles that still had issues connecting, hopefully yours is not one of the few with this problem.

I hope this helps you get it sorted.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I'm in the UK, and our TCU got replaced.
When we picked up the car, we showed the dealer that the app on our phone wasn't communicating with the car, and he showed us how to re-enter our details onto the "security information" screen. That didn't work, as we were trying to user our email address, which wouldn't fit - it wasn't until we got back home and checked the forums that we realised we needed to use the 16 digit USERID string instead.

·
Registered
110 Posts
My TCU hasn't been replaced yet, but when I spoke to Nissan CS earlier on about the issue before they realised there was a hardware issue, they gave me a different UserID than what the app shows. So it might be worth giving them a call to find out for sure what your UserID is (or at least what they think it is)!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Saying all of the above, I have just tried several times to update my vehicle status on the app and the website and it will not update, my last successful update was yesterday at 14:42. Hopefully they are doing something to the server end and its nothing serious, but the whole scenario doesn't fill me with any confidence about this feature being reliable
image.png :(

·
Registered
28 Posts
The Connect EV is working again, but my app data all disappeared, I had to sign out of the app and sign in again to get it to refresh with valid vehicle data.

I have taken a photo of the security settings page in the head unit in the car and it shows all blank yet my connect ev is working without any user Id being manually entered, see below:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, despite the "help" from Nissan Customer Support I'm no closer to a solution. (Going round in circles, giving me completely unrelated solutions to my problem, and taking two days to respond to each email. Painful!)
I've tried deleting my Nissan+YOU account, and creating a completely new one with the same VIN, but still the website doesn't contact the car.
Even within the car, on the head unit if I try to update the charging stations list (or anything else which requires a communication), I get the "Connecting" message, closely followed by the "Connection to centre failed" message very time (from a number of locations). Note, the car icon is NOT greyed out, so it appears the TCU is at some level connecting OK.

One strange thing I noted today, if I go the "Unit ID Information" screen on the head unit, and look at the VIN code, I see:
SJNFAAZEOU60XXXXX (I've blanked out the last 6 characters) - the strange thing being the 9th character "O". I'm pretty sure it is an "O" (letter) rather than a "0" (digit) as it is definitely a different shape from the digit "0" which appears further on. However, this should definitely be a "0" rather than an "O" - checked in many locations and all Nissan Leafs have this as a "0" and it's definitely a "0" in our V5 document.

So, I'm wondering if it's possible that somehow the VIN registered in the head unit in the car is wrong? Would appreciate if some others could take a look at this screen in their car and look how this 9th character looks to them.

No idea how this VIN gets set, if the dealer/mechanic has to enter this manually when the TCU was replaced and if there's a simple typo causing my problems. Looks increasingly likely that I'll need a trip back to the dealer to sort this out, which is a real pain in the rear...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts