Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the upgrade to 2020.12.11 I have experienced the following issues -
  1. My car is not being used much during the lockdown and therefore is just sat on the drive most of the time. After the upgrade the battery drain rate has doubled. My Stats iOS app is reporting now an average drain rate of 0.39 miles/hour whereas before the rate was 0.19 miles/hr. These figures agree with my charging kWhs reported. The car is plugged in all the time with charging set to start at 12:30am each day and to 60% charge. Sentry mode is left on constantly.
  2. Sentry mode does not trigger when it should do. It has triggered twice since the upgrade but no recording can be viewed. Triggering is clearly not functioning as as it used to. There are files created when it has triggered but they are not readable, neither on the in-car viewer nor when safely taking the usb drive out and connecting to a computer.
  3. On my short couple of drives since the upgrade the dashcam has not been recording the trip at all. I always had recordings available of the last hour of driving. I know this can only be viewed with the drive connected to a computer. The icon is active and I am using the same drive as I have used since getting the car back in November.
Has anyone else having the same experiences?
It is the first time a software upgrade has created a negative experience for me.
I’m hoping the next software update solves these issues.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I’ve had the issue with Sentry Clips not recording properly. I believe you’ll see the files are something like 500 bytes, instead of kilobytes or megabytes. This sometimes happens when the USB drive can’t write fast enough, but I upgraded to the proven 500GB Samsung T5 SSD, which is super fast, and still have the same problem. Anyone else have any ideas on this?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve had the issue with Sentry Clips not recording properly. I believe you’ll see the files are something like 500 bytes, instead of kilobytes or megabytes. This sometimes happens when the USB drive can’t write fast enough, but I upgraded to the proven 500GB Samsung T5 SSD, which is super fast, and still have the same problem. Anyone else have any ideas on this?
I see the same file sizes and have used a SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD 500 GB Up to 550 MB/s Read, as well as trying a SanDisk iXpand V2 64 GB USB Flash Drive. Both should be more than capable of working with the Tesla. Both worked fine before the upgrade.
It is clear the upgrade has created software issues.
Needs Tesla to fix

·
Registered
82 Posts
I had same issue. reported it and was told it may be fixed on 2020.20

1 - 4 of 4 Posts