Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following the recent update to my m3 long range, when I approach the car, it fails to unlock unless I open the app. When walking away from the car the app doesn’t need to be open to lock it. Anybody else experiencing this? Any suggestions to resolve it. I’ve tried resetting the car and phone but no joy.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Following the recent update to my m3 long range, when I approach the car, it fails to unlock unless I open the app. When walking away from the car the app doesn’t need to be open to lock it. Anybody else experiencing this? Any suggestions to resolve it. I’ve tried resetting the car and phone but no joy.
This is all my guesswork but I don't think its opening the app which unlocks the car its moving the phone. I think there's some security features which disables unlocking if phone hasn't moved 'much'.
Try shaking your phone without opening app to test :). Also make sure tesla app is allowed to run in background.

·
Registered
159 Posts
When I have issues unlocking the car automatically with the phone (as opposed to using tapping the unlock button in the app), I toggle bluetooth off/on on the phone and then open the app.

Usually that is enough to fix it.

If the car is in a deep sleep then sometimes it takes the car a moment to wake up to the point it will recognise the phone.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I posted a video on my YT about this after I locked both my phone AND keycard in the car!! Basically make sure all your battery restrictions are off where the tesla app is concerned, make sure that the app permissions are set to allow access to everything, including LOCATION (location needs to be on). If you have the little T logo in the notification bar it should start to work properly when bluetooth is on. I have a reasonably new phone but its entry level and unlocking the car can be delayed long enough that using the card is quicker but if you have your phone in your hand your car should unlock quickly enough. kinda defeats the object because you'd want it to unlock without removing the phone from your pocket but sometimes being in a pocket can be enough to cause an issue!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts