Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had my Etron since March but still haven’t managed to solve a couple of issues. Thought I would post here to see if any Etron drivers know how to fix or perhaps can tme what I’m doing wrong. Issues are as follows:

1) Car loses settings on a regular basis. The settings that go missing are: seat position, ‘Home’ location for SatNav and the Privacy data settings....... and probably other things that I haven’t noticed. On a daily basis the MMI tells me that Privacy settings should be reviewed. I tell the system ‘not to show this message again‘ but the next day it gives the same message.

2) I can’t find a way to manually precondition the cabin without setting a timer. Rather than setting a departure time I would simply like to manually start the aircon while plugged into the charger so maintaining the car at 100% charge while getting the car cooled down and getting battery up to temperature ready for long drive. I assume that preconditioning once active will get battery AND cabin optimum temperature?

Any advice or solutions welcomed.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn’t but I’m going to follow your advice and raise a ticket with concierge service. Thanks

Are you having similar issues? Did you get them fixed? If so, were they fixed simply with a software update?

·
Live by the sword. Don't intend to die by it.
850 Posts
You should be able to precondition with the app, but if you're struggling with the app like me, you might also need a software update. That might solve the other problem too.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Concierge service sorted me out with £150 credit on my transit account. Can this be used only with Ionity?

Car also now booked in for the software update. I’m not 100% confident it will rectify all the bugs, the main one being the loss of some settings eg online privacy and seat position.

But anyhow, thanks for the tips on both accounts as I’m definitely a step further to getting things sorted. Cheers

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
“Concierge service sorted me out with £150 credit on my transit account. Can this be used only with Ionity?”

Ive remembered that someone, perhaps Witchfinder told me to look on Audi website for details of compatible charge networks. I did this, spent admittedly only 5 or 10 minutes, found some vague reference to other networks, most noticeably one that was London specific but it was a bit vague. I guess I can just try it next time at Geniepoint or similar. However, I wanted to avoid activating the card so that the 12 month free transit subscription would be ‘live’ once more Ionity chargers were in place and I had need for a long journey.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks both. Looks like it’s valid on quite a few different networks. Pity that instavolt isn’t included but nonetheless it looks as if many other major networks are included including Engie and Geniepoint. Great to know

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks both. Looks like it’s valid on quite a few different networks. Pity that instavolt isn’t included but nonetheless it looks as if many other major networks are included including Engie and Geniepoint. Great to know
Instavolt is on there :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Damn it, I spent £40 in August at Instavolt and had not activated my card or realised that Instavolt was included in the Ionity Transit scheme

1 - 11 of 11 Posts