Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seen this?

Registered
I think there is a general issue with either the specs for smart EVSEs and chargers not being well enough defined, or with EVSE and/or car manufacturers not following the standards well enough.

Zoe, Kona and Golf GTE have all had issues with the Zappi, and if you browse the MyEnergi forums most EV brands crop up with issues / workarounds / firmware updates.

I think MyEnergi resolved the Zoe and GTE with firmware updates - I am not saying the Zappi was the problem (I have one and I like it), rather that MyEnergi are keen to develop their product and support their customers, even if they have to fix EV manufacturers' problems.

From the sounds of it the ID3 issue is relatively minor, affecting only ECO+ mode. Hopefully it will be resolved, but it would not put me off an ID3, which is due at least one software update early next year.

If you were to ask the owner of another EV brand they might be keen to make out this is a much bigger issue than it is 馃槈

Registered
A later post says...
We are already receiving reports of posts on the ID3 Facebook page that people are having to unplug their car and plug it back in again to charge on Economy 7 tariffs - that's with other makes of charger, nothing to do with zappi!

So basically VW are not adhering to standards. They will need to get it fixed.

Registered
A later post says...
We are already receiving reports of posts on the ID3 Facebook page that people are having to unplug their car and plug it back in again to charge on Economy 7 tariffs - that's with other makes of charger, nothing to do with zappi!

So basically VW are not adhering to standards. They will need to get it fixed.
It probably doesn't feel like it if you have just bought an ID3 but if the problem occurs with multiple charger brands that is a good thing.
VW will get more heat over the problem, and less wriggle room to pass the buck to EVSE manufacturers.

Registered
2017 Golf GTE
Anyone know if this issue has been fixed yet? My ID3 delivery is looming and I rather fancied a Zappi.

Registered
Anyone know if this issue has been fixed yet? My ID3 delivery is looming and I rather fancied a Zappi.
There has been constant dialogue from end users, myenergi back to VW via dealers and other means.
VW need to create and issue a software update.
The latest myenergi post 2 weeks ago states this... (P.S.) suggest you join the forum and get a Zappi anyway.

Unread post11:15 PM - 15 days ago#44
Woodulike wrote:
12:28 AM - 16 days ago
I had an email back on Friday afternoon saying my email was passed onto the technical team who are aware of the issue with the Zappi and developments are in progress.
It then went on to say that myenergi would be in contact when the problem had been resolved. It made it sound like the Zappi needed the changes. @myenergi_Dr_Chris. I would like to go back to them saying the Zappi isn't at fault and that I expect them to update me when there's a software update for my car.
Would I be correct in saying that?
Yes - that is correct.
We have had a contact from VW and provided them with full details of the problem including detailed test reports. We are now waiting for them to come back to us with an update.

Reactions: ChrisCross123
1 - 6 of 6 Posts