Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
I got the e-mail for this PIE last week. Called today and when she checked on the system said it was already done - the system just hadn't caught up. She said it was the BMS updates.

So if you've already had the updates don't blindly book this PIE - it may be a waste of time.

·
Registered
Kona 64
654 Posts
I just collected mine yesterday, and I have no idea whether I'm going to receive that email but if you want to compare with my version numbers you can see whether they changed any in the last 3 weeks. View attachment 132537
Your maps are not the latest version ( but then nor are mine,I am still in conversation with my dealer). The latest maps are, I understand for an original 2018 model are version 12. EUR.12.41.551.201.3(D.F9/E.F9
I can not see why the maps should differ between Kona models.

Also that is not the latest version of the Nav App which is DAP.EUR.HMC.191205.9ACC967. However the Nav App might be different for your bigger screen?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Picked mine up 3 weeks ago I have the same on the screen as you but up to now haven’t received any email about an update.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Picked mine up 3 weeks ago I have the same on the screen as you but up to now haven’t received any email about an update.
What you see on the screen is the nav/head unit versions. These are completely separate from the BMS + 3 system updates which (I've been told) are the ones the PEI relate to. There is no direct way for us to see the versions of the latter that are installed.

The BMS+ updates are subject to an Hyundai campaign - a low grade recall. The nav updates are done at routine service, but only if you ask for them apparently, at some dealers at least.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Just a warning ...
I've just fully realised today that my Smart Recuperation wasn't working - I've known something was off for a while, but not been doing enough miles to twig.
It was unchecked in the menu and I think it has been absent for some time.
I didn't think the paddle operation would do that - I just looked and the manual isn't clear - and if I'm right then it must have been reset when the updates were done.

·
Registered
167 Posts
There is a couple things that the car looses with the BMS update. And I believe the smart recouperation was one of them. CEC and CED energy readings reset over odb2 reset was the other one.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Correct, smart recuperation is (irritatingly) reset to "off" as part of the BMS updates.

Reactions: mikegs

·
Hyundai Kona convert...
229 Posts
??? We Lose the auto regen function? I use that all the time. Is it just switched off or lost altogether?

21 - 36 of 36 Posts