Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had an email today from my garage asking me to book my car in for a product enhancement, a 2019 28kWh premium. Anybody know what this may be for? It was only serviced 3 months ago and software updated 2 months ago so been to the garage twice for that and 3rd time for a new battery in the 3 months I have owned it.

anyone else had a recall? Nothing on the vehicle check site.

j

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don’t know, but I had the same thing for my 2019 Ioniq PHEV which again was only serviced back in the summer.

·
Life's too short to wait for a Kona .....
118 Posts
is this the rubber protection/cover for the granny charger lead? It has appeared on Kona threads I recall. Don't know but about to book mine in for a service so will see what they know.....Enhancement is the key word for me. Can't be much

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
is this the rubber protection/cover for the granny charger lead? It has appeared on Kona threads I recall. Don't know but about to book mine in for a service so will see what they know.....Enhancement is the key word for me. Can't be much
garage have described it as “rubber cover for control box” maybe it is for this cable. It’s a 45 minute job evidently.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I bet its for the rubber cover for the granny charger- i was in yesterday for the recall (PHEV) and didnt know what it was..I was told it was a 15minute job. I didnt take the granny charger as never carry it in the car and they didnt mention it- so they just gave it me to fit myself . took them longer to wash the car than work on it :)

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq Electric Premium SE 2018 Black
127 Posts
What does it look like? I picked up my Ioniq from Hyundai Worcester and I live 130 miles away from it. I asked my local Hyundai Cheshire Oaks dealer about it if they do this, they don't have a clue about it apparently. I can't travel all the way there during lockdown, and I don't want to drive all the way there just for a rubber cover for the granny charger.

I do use my granny charger a lot though, as I still haven't been able to get a charger installed at my home.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts