Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

I am a BMW i Band Manager and I am looking for places for product placement and hoping that maybe some of you may be interested. I am in the West Yorkshire area.

I am new and started in December I have joined this forum so I can check on a daily basis your views, questions and answers about electric/ hybrid vehicles.

As I mentioned I am looking for places to take an i model to gain awareness of the vehicles and show more people how beneficial electric cars are. If anybody is interested or knows somebody or a company that would be willing to help please get in touch.

Thank you and I look forward to learning more about your vehicles and lifestyles.

Billie

·
Premium Member
9,083 Posts
No Problem, Signature is fine. So you must be one of the first JCT600's to be i-Approved?

You should join the Facebook Group if you haven't already :p

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We are JCT600 and the only BMW site hat JCT600 have now. I previously worked for at Volkswagen for JCT600 it is a great company and I am very excited about my new role.

I shall definitely join the facebook group :) thank you

·
Registered
276 Posts
My annual mileage isn't high, and it's debatable that buying any electric car would work out cheaper than a petrol one. While I want an electric car now they are becoming piratical, an i3 is more than I need. If I still commuted to work, it would be different.

·
Conflicted Ecoworrier/Petrolhead
2,580 Posts
Impressed. I could just about afford one, but couldn't justify the cost.
Don't drive one then ;). That's what happened to me. One you have that test drive you realise it's not just an EV with a USP (the Rex) but is also a warm hatch capable of out accelerating a lot of theoretically faster cars on the roads.

@BillieJoHicksiBrandManag .. wherever you get them placed try and make sure you have one in the parking lot for instant test drives. I think you'd get 10x the sales conversion from that, than just looking at one. What you need then is all the answers on daily usability. I'm probably at the higher end of annual mileage 23k this year and wouldn't swap back to an ICE ever. If I can do it so can anyone ;)

Reactions: Russ

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Agree with @EVPotential - get people into the car to experience it, not just look at it. Let's face it the i3 is an "interesting" design, but crikey does it go. Even just load it up with passers by and put a BMW driver at the wheel to show them the EV tricks around the block. I'm sure that would bring a lot of people swiftly past the toy plastic car image and get them asking questions around performance, drivetrain tech, etc. If need be cone off an area of a shopping centre car park and recreate the i3 vs M3 stunt.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
WoW!! Great feedback I love that idea, and I see what you mean.
My first day I drove an i3 and I was so impressed by the drive and the speed! Every customer has said the same when they have been on a test drive.
I think that this year electric cars will become very popular. My main aim to begin with is not to try to sell the car as I think the drive does that but make people aware of the i range.
@John419 low mileage is ideal for an electric car, also electric is cheaper than petrol, so it is a no brainer! ;)

·
2,580 Posts
The other key thing is to point out the carbon fibre you can see in the doors and on the roof isn't stick on plastic wrap used by people modding cars. Is actually built from it! People then understand why it costs extra... You are paying for lightness. 1100kg for the battery only version is a light car considering the size. You need to get people away from thinking is a city run around and is actually a good inter city commuter car. (With the Rex). When I first took delivery I was doing 120 miles a day and am currently doing 86. First job Rex was essential as no workplace charging. But now I charge everyday at work so managed 9,300 miles on 1 tank of unleaded or about 4150mpg! So that 470mpg official figure can be beaten. Try getting 10x the official figure in a petrol car! 500mpg? No chance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's great! Good point as well about the carbon fibre.
Also the great thing about the i3 is it was born electric, other electric vehicles from different manufactures has been built with an engine and then taken that out for the battery. BMW i have even made a new factory to built the i models.

That is amazing about he fuel and mpg you are getting! I am shocked :D I only started in December and there is so much to learn with these vehicles, great to hear your experience with your i3. Is that yours on the picture I love the white.(y)

·
2,580 Posts
Yes that's mine. Done at night.

You've got a lot to learn from i cars. You'll probably find most customers know more than you to start with. Essential is to find if someone has a business as there's aditional incentives to buy... called the First Year Allowance. Saves over £6000 off your corporation tax bill. I hope BMW are training you guys (none gender specific sense) to know all this, if not I may have to come do some consultancy. Lol!

Think my i3 was £39,600 list but had ended up costing me .. £27,680. Cheaper than a similar specced 120d.
That's £39,600
-£5000 grant
-£6920 20% Corporation tax that would have been due if I didn't buy the car
= £27,680.
You can claim the FYA even if you haven't actually paid for the car yet. Ie on a PCP, but leases don't qualify. You just have to make a statement you intend to keep the car and make the final payment. Nothing to stop you selling it 2 months after. You then have to pay corporation tax on the residual value but that will be down nearer £10-15k so only about £2000. So it's not really a £6900 saving. More like £4,900 with a £2000 interest free loan from HMRC.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
very nice!

right ok. I haven't had any training yet that will be getting booked this month. I am aware of the government grants but didn't realise about the first years allowance. That's great thank you very much for sharing that with me.:)
So is this just for business owners that qualify?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.