Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
EV6 GT-LIne S AWD
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have started to occasionally lose my profile settings. I get a message on the infotainment screen saying that linking to the account has been disabled from the phone and all settings reset to factory default. It loses the profile settings I have setup including setting units back to kilometres and also turns off parking distance warnings. I have a profile backup and have restored that but it doesn't restore everything from the backup so I have to set it up again!

Has anybody any idea how to stop it? It may have started after I setup a second profile for my wife.

The actual screen message is:

Computer Personal computer Output device Gadget Netbook

·
Registered
720 Posts
We have two Profiles and have had no issues since November. Then about a 2 weeks ago mine also bombed out, not sure if it was after the an update. The key thing is to save a back up using the Kia connect app. I had done this but when I first got the car and then had changed things. I then reconnected and it has been fine since. I have also made sure I have backed things up in Kia connect so if it does do it again I can get everything back again.
Kia Connect- More > User Settings > User Profile Backup. Also you can play around in Vehicle Settings area on the app to customise the profile.

·
Registered
EV6 GT-LIne S AWD
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting that you have 2 profiles setup as well as we only started to get the problem when we created a second profile.

I already backup my profile but, as I said in my original post, the problem is there are quite a few things not backed up in the profile. I also have to pair my phone again and save all my radio favourites.

I have logged the fault on the Kia Connect contact us support form but have had no reply and, as I didn't get any reply after logging the remote heating problem, I'm not expecting anything this time either!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Interesting that you have 2 profiles setup as well as we only started to get the problem when we created a second profile.

I already backup my profile but, as I said in my original post, the problem is there are quite a few things not backed up in the profile. I also have to pair my phone again and save all my radio favourites.

I have logged the fault on the Kia Connect contact us support form but have had no reply and, as I didn't get any reply after logging the remote heating problem, I'm not expecting anything this time either!
Hmm we have had two profiles since Day 1 with the vehicle. Strange it keeps loosing it. I know 211214 December Nav update has resulted in settings not being saved. Perhaps this is another glitch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts