Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just had a Project EV Charger installed. The installer was happy because it is easier to install most of the other chargers. Eventually I learned to switch it on and off manually so I'm not in danger of running out of charge. However, my attempts to programme the charger to come on for 4 hours starting at 1230 AM so that I can take advantage of the Octopus cheap rate without having to stay up all night have so far failed. I thought it was easy but I must have something wrong. I'm trying to set it in the evening before I go to bed, so I'm really trying to programme it for the next day - should I check the everyday box or not? Should the green ON button in the centre at the bottom of the screen be green or red? These sound very simple, but the "instruction" book is not very helpful!

·
Registered
29 Posts
You would have to set a 4 hours limit or a 30 kWh limit, although the system will actually not stop at this limit. BUG still there.
Then set the starting time at 0:30, don't need the 'every day' tick'ed unless you want that.
Only then press the ON button at the bottom.
Be prepared for failure to connect/set server failures just keep persevering.
Then, for your car set a stopping time of 04:30, or a charging time of 4 hours (app or screen/dash features). I have a Tesla M3 so I use the slider in the app to add approximately 120 miles.

The next day, press the OFF button in the app if needed to get your cable back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You would have to set a 4 hours limit or a 30 kWh limit, although the system will actually not stop at this limit. BUG still there.
Then set the starting time at 0:30, don't need the 'every day' tick'ed unless you want that.
Then, for your car set a stopping time of 04:30, or a charging time of 4 hours (app or screen/dash features). I have a Tesla M3 so I use the slider in the app to add approximately 120 miles.

Thanks very much. I've just connected the car to the charger, made sure that I could charge manually, then set the time for 4 hours and the start at 0030 - then pressed the green button. The app told me that the instruction had been executed successfully, and the charge displayed a yellow ring. Hopefully I will find in the morning that it switched on. Next step will be to check whether I got 4 hours - if not I'll work out how to set the charging on the car - an iPace.

Very many thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks very much. I've just connected the car to the charger, made sure that I could charge manually, then set the time for 4 hours and the start at 0030 - then pressed the green button. The app told me that the instruction had been executed successfully, and the charge displayed a yellow ring. Hopefully I will find in the morning that it switched on. Next step will be to check whether I got 4 hours - if not I'll work out how to set the charging on the car - an iPace.

Very many thanks.
Success! The car was charged to 98% and 235 miles this morning, and the record page on the app suggested that the on/off times were precisely as programmed. I have actually written out the procedure I followed so that I can try to do it again when the car needs charging again.

Many thanks - your help was most valuable.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hi, How do you find the Project EV charger together with Tesla M3 ? How is the app?
I am about to get my Tesla M3 and the app reviews are horrendous for this charger...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi, How do you find the Project EV charger together with Tesla M3 ? How is the app?
I am about to get my Tesla M3 and the app reviews are horrendous for this charger...
I'm still struggling with my Project EV charger. After a couple of successful programmed charges, I tried to use it overnight last night. The app kept saying that the charger was unavailable. Eventually I switched it on manually and charged the car. This morning the app sparked into life briefly; long enough to download the details of last nights charging. Then it went off again, and it still says that the charger is unavailable. If I could find a reliable charger I'd change like a shot - but everybody seems to have trouble. The installer is coming back to sort it out - but I'm getting fed up!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts