Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 5 AWD on order through a dealer, but looks like it will be delayed to October / November.
I have just found out there are a few project 45’s still available through Hyundai, so thinking of cancelling dealer order and getting one of these.

Could anyone tell me what is the difference between a project 45 and a 5 Ultimate AWD with tech and Eco packs…….

And when are the project 45’s likely to be able to be delivered.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Differences ... iirc... Solar roof, electric rear bench, self-presenting door handles, cheaper :)

Availability: mid-Aug.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks…

Are you sure they have solar panels on the roof? I thought I read somewhere that these were not going the UK variant.

I have registered with Hyundai VIP today, and someone is meant to be calling me to discuss available P45’s. Not sure how long it will be before the call comes, and whether there will be any left.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Thanks…

Are you sure they have solar panels on the roof? I thought I read somewhere that these were not going the UK variant.

I have registered with Hyundai VIP today, and someone is meant to be calling me to discuss available P45’s. Not sure how long it will be before the call comes, and whether there will be any left.
Solar panels yes . P45 Only .

·
Registered
370 Posts
Richmond Hyundai (Portsmouth, Southampton & Guildford) are advertising the Project 45 ‘From £48,000‘ but the link does not work on the Safari Browser on my iPad, so unable to add further detail.

It may be coincidence but Richmond was the nominated Dealer, when I cancelled my Order about three weeks ago, for a White P45.

Anybody?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Richmond Hyundai (Portsmouth, Southampton & Guildford) are advertising the Project 45 ‘From £48,000‘ but the link does not work on the Safari Browser on my iPad, so unable to add further detail.

It may be coincidence but Richmond was the nominated Dealer, when I cancelled my Order about three weeks ago, for a White P45.

Anybody?
Thank you. I will make contact as I have heard nothing from Hyundai VIP as yet…..

·
Registered
137 Posts

Anybody?
Should not be from £48,000, that is the Hyundai on the road price for the P45. This price includes any of the P45 paint finishes that were listed at the time the P45 was launched. Seems like a dealer trying to make additional profit.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Should not be from £48,000, that is the Hyundai on the road price for the P45. This price includes any of the P45 paint finishes that were listed at the time the P45 was launched. Seems like a dealer trying to make additional profit.
I was under the impression paint was included with the P45 also, I have just ordered via the VIP (on waiting list) and they sent the follow pdf which indicates the P45 paint is an option (last section of the spec list)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Went through this with them myself. Don't worry, paint is not a chargeable option on the P45.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just had the reservation link sent to me by the VIP team, and have reserved a P45.

Also sent an email cancelling my Ioniq 5 Ultimate AWD order with a dealer, that was due October time. I doubt I will be the most popular with the dealer, but the P45 is higher spec, £3500 cheaper, and hear much sooner……..
I hope they play fair and send my £1000 deposit back, which they should do under distance selling rules, as I never visited the showroom or returned a signed contract……..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Anybody?
Did you order something else instead of the P45?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just had the reservation link sent to me by the VIP team, and have reserved a P45.

Also sent an email cancelling my Ioniq 5 Ultimate AWD order with a dealer, that was due October time. I doubt I will be the most popular with the dealer, but the P45 is higher spec, £3500 cheaper, and hear much sooner……..
I hope they play fair and send my £1000 deposit back, which they should do under distance selling rules, as I never visited the showroom or returned a signed contract……..

Done the same thing myself this afternoon, to be fair the dealer seemed fairly pleased for me. Hoping to get my £1000 back for the Ultimate AWD in Lucid Blue back now I expect the dealer will still get profit from the P45.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Will you be waiting for September to take your cars or register them in August, think I will go for August if it's in the first half of August.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Will you be waiting for September to take your cars or register them in August, think I will go for August if it's in the first half of August.
I am not too bothered with reg as due to it being a new model it will be obvious it’s new 😉
I have a feeling that the time they work through the system, they will not be ready for collection until the end of August, so may be worth waiting.

One concern I do have, is with it being a new vehicle, if anything does go wrong or get damaged, I have a feeling we may be waiting months for spares……😩

1 - 20 of 30 Posts