Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
MG5
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Has anyone used a Project EV Dual gun 22kw charger at their work place or had a 7.5Kw one recently installed at home?

·
Registered
MG5
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Have you got a model number for that or is it still currently available. What was the price to install with the grant?
Would you mind adding a picture or two of it on the wall and the installation to your fuse board. Thanks

·
Registered
Nissan Leaf 40, 2018
17 Posts
There is another thread about the Project EV, so we are at risk of duplicating things here. But anyway.......

Here are some pictures of my Project EV installed in my garage.
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Electrical wiring Bumper
Electrical wiring Electricity Audio equipment Cable Gadget
Building Hood Vehicle Shade Motor vehicle

My model number is the EVA-07S -SE. I chose that model to avoid having to have a separate earth rod installed in my garage. I bought mine in August 2020 and paid £371 + VAT (+£5 delivery) with no grant. I fitted it to the wall myself (there is a separate backplate that you screw to the wall, then the unit clips onto that) and I ran ethernet and a CT cable from my house to the garage (~30m). I then got my local electrician to install it and the required new switchgear and provide the testing certificate and I paid him £132 for parts and labour. The same Project EV unit is still available at:
Project EV Pro Earth 7.3kw 32A Electric Car Charger | Alert Electrical (only a bit more expensive a year on).

The main selling point for me was the ethernet connection, as my garage is too far from my house to have a reliable WiFi signal. My garage already had a separate distribution board and the electrician was able to add a new 32A breaker to that for the EVSE installation.

I am very happy with the unit. The app is a bit tricky, as has been noted on that other thread but, once you get used to that, it works well.

·
Registered
MG5
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thank you. I like the idea of an ethernet connection as I have heard some units can pickup interference from wifi extenders and not work correctly. Plus built in Pen protection.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts