Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,434 Posts
Is HERE still owned by the consortium formed by Audi AG, BMW Group and Daimler AG? I used to use it all the time on my old Nokia when they owned HERE and the mapping used in my 2013 Vauxhall Ampera was by HERE. Unfortunately, after the sale, support for map updates was removed for GM vehicles.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ian,
It is yes. I've been here since the Navteq days so have been through all the acquisitions.
Sorry to hear that. Are you using HEREWeGo at all?

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,434 Posts
Hi Claire, occasionally using HERE but not as much as I used to in the Nokia days when I was running on pure petrol. I have a Tesla and use the built-in navigation but use Android Auto in a campervan and it defaults to Google Maps which I have found to be very good. I will try and use HERE the next time and even although the van is not electric I will try and add any chargepoints that I come across.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Claire, there's a lot of Ampera owners on here, me included, who would like an update to the Nav maps on them. Most of these Amps are the 2012/2013 model, a very few ?8 in UK? are the 2014 model, which had a different satnav I believe. Is there any chance of getting an update for the 2012/2013 cars at all? At a sensible & reasonable price? GM lose all interest in supporting a car once they've shipped it out!

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Claire, good try. Gave it Ampera 20120 - "We are unable to find an available product for you".
Is the format proprietory or what? Unless it's an easy fix, it's just not worth beating my head against this particular wall. But lack of support for this, and other issues, really makes Vx & GM look bad. Do they know just how bad?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess not... :-/ I'll forward this on to our guys in the technical support team and see if I can get anything back...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hiya,
I managed to get this back from a colleague...
After a bit of digging I have found the latest update for the MY2012 & MY 2013 cars. It is a DVD that was released back in 2013 and uses our Q32011 data!!! We have removed it from the webstores as it is so old and no one was buying this particular update.
Do you have an older version than this?

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,434 Posts
I will have to check with my brother, he now has my 2013 Ampera. Wouldn't it be a very nice gesture if any of this 'Old stock' was given, as a gift, to us users (worth a try) :)

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
My Ampy was new in Sep 2012, and I don't suppose it's had the satnav updated. Frankly not worth updating to a 2013 map - will still be ages out of date. Why does it have to be so difficult & expensive to get a current map processed to the required format? I'd pay £30 for a current map, but no more. Isn't it just an automated batch job done by a regular cron script on Linux launched monthly, or similar, with virtually zero human input required? It should be easy money for old rope for the mfrs to provide us with new maps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts