Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi first time poster so be gentle!

Anyone know if a CT clamp from a Project EV will work with a Zappi ?

Thanks for any info

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Same query here (or does any other suitable CT clamp work)?. Did you have any luck OP?
Hi Hutchgee,
I did try 3 or 4 different clamps, and all worked but showed an incorrect reading.
After a lot of messing about just purchased one from MeEnergi, then the reading was spot on.
I was surprised that the CT was not a off the shelf job
Hope this helps

Regards
Dave

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yes it is surprising but probably not worth the hassle.

Interestingly in eco+ mode the CT on the grid line shows export (after my consumption) so the zappi seems to figure out when there's excess solar generation it can use anyway without the solar CT.

How are you getting on with yours by the way?.

Many thanks for the quick reply and saving the anguish by the way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I spotted that as well, think it looks at the direction in/out to work it out.
When I first got my Zappi I had a problem with the solenoid not engaging with the plug on the zappi..., Myenergi support sorted that out quickly.
Then I had a duplicate address on the hub, that was fun to sort out but Myenergi support are spot on, so all up and running well.
Depends how much a geek you are, for me the second CT clamp is well worth it.
All in all I am a Very happy zappi chappy

·
Super Moderator
7,529 Posts
Yes it is surprising but probably not worth the hassle.

Interestingly in eco+ mode the CT on the grid line shows export (after my consumption) so the zappi seems to figure out when there's excess solar generation it can use anyway without the solar CT.

How are you getting on with yours by the way?.

Many thanks for the quick reply and saving the anguish by the way.
Yes but if you have batteries it can get confused. When a large load (that's causing the battery to discharge) drops off (i.e. the kettle finishes boiling) my Eddi will instantly start heating, that the battery just sees as other demand in the house. If Eddi also had the clamp on the solar production it would know that the battery must be supplying power and stop.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Haha yes I like to geek out when I have time for it too.

Loving the Zappi so far, though it's probably obvious I'm not seeing the need for the second CT as yet. What am I missing?.

It'll probably really come into its own more if I ever get to battery storage maybe. I'm looking at ashp first though I think. So many toys!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts