Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I see a few folk here have the PROJECT EV charger. I wonder if anyone can help me with an error message? I'm not getting response from the seller to Project EV in the UK.
The unit went in easily: there was an old Charge Point unit there before it, but it had recently failed, so I bought this. All the networking is my day-job so simple stuff and the wiring was a simple as the cables were already there. The supply has been tested recently by an electrician as part of the diagnosis of the faulty previous charger. The same supply has been used by the granny charger in the meantime, so I am in no doubt the supply is good.

The unit displays an error on the app - which is returned from the charger - (so I know the wifi connection is working): "SuspendedEVSE" which I think means that it is not even going to try and talk to the car. Anyone have any idea what I can do next? I was wondering if I had any of the settings wrong. (I don't have a meter or CT set up)

Ed

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
From memory that means that it's not connected to the WiFi. Have you connected to the unit with a patch cable and checked that the password is correct?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From memory that means that it's not connected to the WiFi. Have you connected to the unit with a patch cable and checked that the password is correct?
Yes its definitely on the wifi because I can read and write settings from the app to the unit. Also, I can edit the wifi’s own page as it exists on the network. (In ran ARP to find the wifi mac and ip, found a webserver and guessed the username/password was admin admin.)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
solved. at the risk of looking silly, I'll share the answer incase anyone else meets this. Its the red emergency STOP button. You may want to twist that and let it pop out! DUH! Never-mind. All working now. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts