Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the dreaded 'propulsion power reduced' message this morning when I should have had more than 20 miles of battery. After I pulled over and power cycled the battery counted slowly back up to where it should have been.

and after power cycling and waiting for it to finish counting:

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Did the little orange engine warning go out or is it still coming on?

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The orange warning light has now gone out after 3 or 4 journeys.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got an update on this. They have investigated the problem (in fact it happened again while they were driving the car to the garage) and they've decided they need to replace the battery. So for the next week or two I'll be driving the Cruze loan car (they had hoped to lend me a Volt but managed to sell it instead).

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Duncan said:
I've got an update on this. They have investigated the problem (in fact it happened again while they were driving the car to the garage) and they've decided they need to replace the battery.

The whole battery?! Wow, thats pretty drastic. Really bad luck after only 5k miles. :-(

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still at the garage, but today they tweeted a photo of a technician fitting an Aveo bodykit and I spotted my Volt in the background. I assume the wall of box, cone and trolley is to keep people away from the high voltage circuitry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts