Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There's a new EasyLink multimedia system firmware out for the ZE50. It'll be rolled out in batches by VINs so newer ZE50s might not see it for a few days. New release is showing on mine currently as 283C38683R (although it may be that the car was displaying the old version still until next power up as online I see references to the latest generic EasyLink being 283C36777R or 283C35519R, that or Zoe is behind other Renault models or is a more complicated EasyLink due to the BEV components). Typical vague in-car release notes of "Multimedia System Update : Software and performance improvement"

Am hoping it fixes the "map zooms off into oblivion while driving" bug (surprised it wasn't wider reported on these forums as it was pretty obvious and irritating to anyone using the built in mapping system rather than Android Auto / Apple Car Play but it wasn't just me : Navigatie zoomt helemaal uit tijdens navigatie - RENAULT-forum ).

Main thing I noticed is my maps now say they are version "2023.V1". Also system does seem faster but then that could just be from the update fully rebooting the system and clearing out the (likely many) memory leaks.

You'll probably need your car engine on to see the update and download it.. and for those new here, "Waiting for vehicle cond." means you have the car engine on and the update has fully downloaded but requires you to turn the engine off to begin. Also during the update after completing a nice re-assuring progress bar, your screen will spontaneously power off and look dead for a solid 3 minutes or so.. this is normal, be patient.

·
Registered
821 Posts
There's a new EasyLink multimedia system firmware out for the ZE50. It'll be rolled out in batches by VINs so newer ZE50s might not see it for a few days. New release is showing on mine currently as 283C38683R (although it may be that the car was displaying the old version still until next power up as online I see references to the latest generic EasyLink being 283C36777R or 283C35519R, that or Zoe is behind other Renault models or is a more complicated EasyLink due to the BEV components). Typical vague in-car release notes of "Multimedia System Update : Software and performance improvement"

Am hoping it fixes the "map zooms off into oblivion while driving" bug (surprised it wasn't wider reported on these forums as it was pretty obvious and irritating to anyone using the built in mapping system rather than Android Auto / Apple Car Play but it wasn't just me : Navigatie zoomt helemaal uit tijdens navigatie - RENAULT-forum ).

Main thing I noticed is my maps now say they are version "2023.V1". Also system does seem faster but then that could just be from the update fully rebooting the system and clearing out the (likely many) memory leaks.

You'll probably need your car engine on to see the update and download it.. and for those new here, "Waiting for vehicle cond." means you have the car engine on and the update has fully downloaded but requires you to turn the engine off to begin. Also during the update after completing a nice re-assuring progress bar, your screen will spontaneously power off and look dead for a solid 3 minutes or so.. this is normal, be patient.
Mine updated today, some completely different updating screens to normal, also it went blank for a bit. Seemed to be more of an Android update rather than the usual front-end bits.

Haven't had a look round so not spotted any changes yet.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 Intens R135
58 Posts
I've gotten the update yesterday. The interface seems a bit snappier but it could be just the effects of the reboot.
One bug that seems (at first glance) to be gone is the one where the screen doesn't go back to where you were after using the reversing camera (it went back to the home screen or kicked you out of Android Auto/CarPlay).
Needs further testing though.

@SwissCanuck - you can turn off that feature from the settings if you want to update. Check this link:
I will re-enable mine and test, but it seldom happened to me, so it might not be a valid test.

·
Registered
Renault Zoé ZE50 R135 Intens
157 Posts
One bug that seems (at first glance) to be gone is the one where the screen doesn't go back to where you were after using the reversing camera (it went back to the home screen or kicked you out of Android Auto/CarPlay).
Oh thank god that one drives me crazy (CarPlay here). Might be worth a shot for that alone.

·
Registered
57 Posts
After update I don't seem to be able to listen to radio for more than 5 mins while charging. Switched off and then no way to switch on the multimedia screen (small iconic model size) even if I hold down the start engine button. Could there be any cause for this other than the update?

·
Registered
Renault Zoé ZE50 R135 Intens
157 Posts
After update I don't seem to be able to listen to radio for more than 5 mins while charging. Switched off and then no way to switch on the multimedia screen (small iconic model size) even if I hold down the start engine button. Could there be any cause for this other than the update?
Try holding down engine start BEFORE it goes to sleep? You should get the "Permanent APU Activated" or whatever weird thing it says on the dash.

·
Registered
2020 Zoe ZE50 135 GT Line
865 Posts
Mine updated last week and the most noticeable thing is how much more responsive the infotainment is, especially the navigation. There doesn’t seem to be any lag at all now.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Mine recently updated and does seem quicker. However it seems to have an annoying quirk when navigating on motorways - it gives the 'Prepare to turn left' warning about 6 miles from the junction - quite confusing if you happen to be approaching an earlier junction at the time. Has anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
6,245 Posts
Finally remembered to check version numbers, and I'm now up to date on 283C8683R.

Annoyingly, the update reset the dash display to "Style 1", instead of the "Style 3" I've been using for the last 2 years. Took me a while to remember how to change it back.
As I'm using Android Auto by default, I haven't noticed any new quirks on the incar nav.

·
Registered
2020 Zoe ZE50 135 GT Line
865 Posts
Mine recently updated and does seem quicker. However it seems to have an annoying quirk when navigating on motorways - it gives the 'Prepare to turn left' warning about 6 miles from the junction - quite confusing if you happen to be approaching an earlier junction at the time. Has anyone else noticed this?
Just used the navigation for a 180 return trip over the past few days and can’t say I noticed anything untoward. Worked flawlessly, who needs CarPlay etc! 😝

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yes mine does the same since the last update

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yes mine does the same since the last update
Happened earlier today - on the M4 and get a warning to prepare to turn left just as I'm approaching a junction when it still had 6 miles to go. On a busy road with lots of turn off it could be very distracting

1 - 20 of 22 Posts