Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon all,

I am currently carrying out some research into common faults on electric vehicles, one that keeps appearing up on my searches is the PTC heater fault on this vehicle specifically.

Would it be possible for those who have had this issue on their vehicles to let me know what the failure mode was / symptoms / repair bill cost to Kia.

My goal is to gain an understanding of what parts are commonly failing on this vehicle with the intention of creating aftermarket (therefore cheaper) solutions for customers. From searching so far i've identified a few cases where the parts alone came to £3.5k.

Many thanks and kind regards,
Daniel

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 9/20 (was Prius)
1,099 Posts
It seems an odd thing to be doing, creating after market parts solutions on a car that carries a 7 year warranty and has only been around since 2019? Where is your market until the warranty period is expired? Peter

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It seems an odd thing to be doing, creating after market parts solutions on a car that carries a 7 year warranty and has only been around since 2019? Where is your market until the warranty period is expired? Peter
Hi Peter, excellent point. In the mean time I will be looking at other vehicles coming to the end of their warranty (BMW i3, Nissan leaf, Renault zoe etc)

·
Super Moderator
7,594 Posts
Mileage limit is only 100k, plenty of taxis/delivery vehicles etc that will quickly exceed that.

Reactions: prawlin
1 - 5 of 5 Posts