Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

First time post.

I have just got my electric car however still waiting for my home charger. I live in South Tyneside I was just checking with any members from that region can you access 'free' car charge stations within South Tyneside?

Thanks

Registered
We use Zapmap to find chargers for travelling out of area.
Download the app.
It will show chargers in your area.
We have two Tesco stores in our town.
Both have 4 free to use PodPoint 7kW chargers.
Our Asda also has a couple. 馃槉

Registered
2019 Renault Zoe R110 (ZE40)
Hi

First time post.

I have just got my electric car however still waiting for my home charger. I live in South Tyneside I was just checking with any members from that region can you access 'free' car charge stations within South Tyneside?

Thanks
South Tyneside Council have abandoned their charging contract with CYC. Some work still but are offline and when they break that's the end of them. Others are completely orphaned and cannot be accessed.

They were supposed to be signing a new contract with a new charging provider but this still hasn't happened.

I'm afraid you'll be coming into Gateshead for Electric Blue chargers, or Sunderland for Fastned and Pod Point I think.

If you want to try a few South Tyneside ones you'll need a RFID card from CYC. It costs 拢20 a year. Unfortunately the app will just claim that the charge point is no longer available of you try to access them by app, but as I said very few work in general.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
We use Zapmap to find chargers for travelling out of area.
Download the app.
It will show chargers in your area.
We have two Tesco stores in our town.
Both have 4 free to use PodPoint 7kW chargers.
Our Asda also has a couple. 馃槉
Thanks for the info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts