Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much research, contemplating the i-Pace, Ioniq5, Polestar, Mustang Mach E, EQA, we went out in the Q4 e-tron.

I know it's horses for courses, but this car sold itself to us.

Knowing only too well about supply issues, we tried to locate an Edition 1 in Black without success, but a Launch Edition Sportback (in Black) was on its way to our dealers, however, unbelievably it didn't have the Tech Pack, so decided to go for a factory order. March 22 delivery, so let the wait begin.

Got home tonight, checked all of the paperwork, only to see the Tech Pack has been missed off of our order. I rejected several stock Q4's because they didn't have the Tech Pack, plumped for the Sportback, got the right deal, double checked verbally with the salesman it had all of the kit, paid a deposit and walked away happy, arrrgh.

So I guess this is going to cost me the price of the Tech Pack, despite my insistence each time, we had that item.

I'm more annoyed by the principle that I asked for this, was told it was included, but it wasn't.

We debated and narrowed down all of the options and costings and our guy must have gone into his managers office about 5 times to get the deal we agreed upon.

I already know how tomorrows conversation will go, and just feel like saying forget it and revert to a Mach E.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wanted the Heads up display, to show, speed, traffic sign recognition and Navigation guidance, much in the way our BMW did. Augmented is a bonus. My sales guy had no idea Heads Up is a standard item. Can you show me an image of yours.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All change, 35 Edition 1 order cancelled, as my dealer has found and in build 40 Sportback in the spec we required, that car is now our order, estimated delivery late October.

I have spoken to Audi UK and they have confirmed Status 20.

Something to look forward to.

·
Registered
Audi Q4 etron 40 Edition 1
1 Posts
Hi @208's Plenty,

Newbie to the forum here and I'm in a similar boat to you!

Order placed for our Q4 etron 40 Edition 1 last week with build scheduled for next year. We have the original wait you were quoted, March 2022.

We were won over on a test drive, too and can't wait to dip our toes in the EV game.

Looks like I've gone for a similar spec with Tech, C&S but the sport back wasn't an option for us!

Keeping an eye on these threads and now waiting patiently!

Best,
Xavier

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Zav13r.

Well good luck, my dealer is very poor at returning our calls, 2 invoices both containing mistakes/inaccuracies, promised to update us when something changes, however, the Audi Whats App folk are much more communicative and are keeping me informed.

You can bet your bottom dollar the minute the car arrives we will be bombarded with phone calls and e mails from the dealer.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I am in the fortunate position of ordering a Q4 50 Sportback Vorsprung for delivery next July. The way things are going I wanted to be sure I have a new lease once the current E-Tron 50 lease ends in July 2022. So the long wait and delivery time suits me fine. I tested a Q4, ID.4, Mustang Mach-E, Ioniq 5 and looked at the EV6 before opting for the Q4. I will say that while I opted for the Q4 as a better complete package, each of these cars has their own merits. It is good to finally have decent cars for us SUV EV types to choose from.

I felt the Q4 had a more elegant and understated style and beauty that will not age with time. I like the fact that it looks like a "normal" yet stylish SUV that is not going to turn too many heads. Though the more adventurous me wanted to pick the Mach-E which I really did like as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts