Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my first oil service on my 69 plate 330e and mentioned to the dealer that although the most likely explanation was that I had accidentally pressed buttons on the key fob in my pocket, I have come back to the car 3 times in the last 6-7 months to find the boot wide open and so could they just double check that there didn't appear to be any mechanical issues.

I've now been told that there is a PuMA report on this issue and they will need to book my car in for an all day procedure - which sounds like a complete reinstall of a large chuck of the software.

Has anybody else had this issue?

I'm not sure whether to be relieved that I'm not the sort of idiot who leaves his boot open for hours on end whilst the car in unattended or concerned that the boot could decide to pop itself open any time I park in town.

·
Registered
2021 BMW 530e
50 Posts
That's interesting! I've had the same thing a couple of times on my 70 plate 530e...come out in the morning to find the boot lid open.

Like you, I assumed I'd just pressed the button on the remote, without realising.

Fortunately, this has only happened on my driveway, with the car behind a locked gate and not visible from the road. Lucky it wasn't in a public car park, in the rain, with lots of valuable items in the boot...

I'll be contacting my local dealer. Thanks for the pointer!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No worries.

It happened to me once whilst the car was on the drive with the boot facing the road and no locked gate.

Thankfully nothing vanished and the only valuable thing in the boot was the charging cable. It was on a night when it was tipping with rain but I was lucky with the wind direction and got away with a dry boot.

The other two times were at the office and pretty secure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts