Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup EVers? So I've had a 44kWh Renault ZOE for over 3 years and survived very happily on the 'small' battery. I'm keen on the smallest battery ID3 and was wondering when it's getting unleashed on the UK? Anyone got some insider knowledge?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can tell you that Wolfsburg workers are on short time at the moment due to a shortage of transistors. I'm wondering if that will be exasperated by the blockage in the Suez.
It’s like Tesla when they ramped up the Model 3. There’s going to a lot of teachable moments for VW’s journey into EV production.

·
Registered
2020 VW ID3 Life 58kWh
559 Posts
Just seen this over in the news section New ID.3 Pure Performance brings 45 kWh battery and lower entry price with City and Style specifications

So if this is right then there are 2 new models:

City Pure Performance - £28,370 - 217 miles WLTP
Style Pure Performance - £32,470 - 215 miles WLTP

Prices both after PICG

Both cars can charge up to 100 kW, the City spec sounds very similar to the Life spec I can't actually find much difference between the 2 and the Style spec sounds like the Business spec with comfort plus pack added, not like the old Style spec 🤷‍♂️

When I first saw the prices I was a bit o_O but it looks like the only difference is the motor and battery it's not the really spartan specs that the Pure is available in Germany so I guess it makes sense and explains why its not nearer the £25k a few people were expecting.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I'm sure you'll be able to get the City Pure for closer to 26k without too much of a fight. The pretty standard sales merry-go-rounds will knock £1500 off as a PCP deal fairly regularly, that just leaves about £800 to get down to £26k which shouldn't be too much of a fight.

£25k could be ambitious but £26k seems reasonable and if that equates to £325 or so a month, then that's a bargain if you're happy with the reduced range and sleepy performance. That would be some pretty cheap new car motoring given the fuel, tax and maintenance savings.

·
Registered
2020 VW ID3 Life 58kWh
559 Posts
I'd hope it could be got for under £25k considering I paid around £26k for my Life Pro Performance, the PICG change probably makes it hard to get it much below £25k but I think it should be possible to get some near £24k after a few months

·
Registered
VW eGolf
408 Posts
The City spec will be closer to £24k if discounts and finance offers match what’s currently offered for ID.3 from the likes of drivethedeal.

I like it, it’s pretty much eGolf equivalent spec and performance but quicker charging, usefully more range and boot space. Plus the hitch for bikes.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Just seen this over in the news section New ID.3 Pure Performance brings 45 kWh battery and lower entry price with City and Style specifications

So if this is right then there are 2 new models:

City Pure Performance - £28,370 - 217 miles WLTP
Style Pure Performance - £32,470 - 215 miles WLTP

Prices both after PICG

Both cars can charge up to 100 kW, the City spec sounds very similar to the Life spec I can't actually find much difference between the 2 and the Style spec sounds like the Business spec with comfort plus pack added, not like the old Style spec 🤷‍♂️

When I first saw the prices I was a bit o_O but it looks like the only difference is the motor and battery it's not the really spartan specs that the Pure is available in Germany so I guess it makes sense and explains why its not nearer the £25k a few people were expecting.
I wonder why they're called Pure Performance when the rest of the range only get called "Peformance" if they get the 150kW/204ps motor.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts