Nissan LEAF30
6,907 Posts
No mention of the credits bought in from their pool ....... ;) :devilish:

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,647 Posts
Them’s the rules and all that.

What gets measured gets done, as the saying goes, but it also drives behaviours and some of them won’t be what was intended...

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,520 Posts
As someone on Twitter noted, it is an empty statement from VW as the VAG group has actually failed to achieve its 2020 CO2 fleet targets and is paying a fine for it..

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
6,907 Posts
it also drives behaviours and some of them won’t be what was intended...
But the fact that VAG have subsidised EVs both from themselves and other manufacturers is achieving the objective, and whether some creative accounting has been done to pass the fines onto the brands other than VW and Audi is irrelevant.

Hopefully this will get VAG to redouble their efforts for the current year.

·
Premium Member
6,647 Posts
But the fact that VAG have subsidised EVs both from themselves and other manufacturers is achieving the objective, and whether some creative accounting has been done to pass the fines onto the brands other than VW and Audi is irrelevant.

I don’t disagree, it was just that all the big ICE manufacturers have been buying credits from others, so that shouldn’t be a surprise.

If that was to drive the overall vehicle parque emissions down, then that’s a good thing, especially if it means manufacturers saw it as an expensive exercise that they’d have been better off spending on developing and pushing their own EVs.

·
EVEZY code -£50 off: d409e
2,134 Posts

Yep, the deals are cheaper than the fines, but they're still helping :cool:

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Musk is eating everyone’s lunch and they’re paying him for the privilege 😆

Although I’m no fan of the current Tesla ownership experience, I’ve always admired the company and its mission.

If they sort out the build quality and service issues, they’ll rule the automotive world in no time.

·
Premium Member
6,647 Posts
Musk is eating everyone’s lunch and they’re paying him for the privilege 😆

Although I’m no fan of the current Tesla ownership experience, I’ve always admired the company and its mission.

If they sort out the build quality and service issues, they’ll rule the automotive world in no time.
I don’t think that’s the ‘mission’ though.

If Musk is to be believed, Tesla is trying to electrify global road transport, not on their own, but with everybody else along for the ride as well.

·
Registered
Nissan Leaf 24 Tekna '64 reg
1,498 Posts

If Musk is to be believed, Tesla is trying to electrify global road transport, not on their own, but with everybody else along for the ride as well.
And if there are minority from "everyone else" not willing to invest battery/EV factories.......... they would still end up indirectly fund EV's before going out of business from their lack of progress.

·
Premium Member
6,647 Posts
And if there are minority from "everyone else" not willing to invest battery/EV factories.......... they would still end up indirectly fund EV's before going out of business from their lack of progress.
It will be a good while before global ICE sales collapse, but for the developed world EVs seem to be the medium term plan.

But who knows, my crystal ball isn’t big enough.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,876 Posts

Rumour has it Elon personally goes around the Fremont factory adjusting the panel gaps with a crowbar.

Just to give the rest of the EV market a fighting chance. ;)

·
Premium Member
6,647 Posts
Rumour has it Elon personally goes around the Fremont factory adjusting the panel gaps with a crowbar.

Just to give the rest of the EV market a fighting chance. ;)
He needs to cripple the Tesla software a bit too then, or roll it back to Beta or something.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
He already does as far as I could tell

1 - 20 of 20 Posts