Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so my wife owns a countryman PHEV and now she wants to swap it for a new Mini EV. It makes sense for her because she commutes into the London ULEZ/Congestion zone every day so otherwise whe would have to pay £23.50 a day as of next year, and its only 8 miles from our house so range not an issue. She also loves mini brand for some reason. she got the level 3 package in enigmatic black with the stupid plug wheels, i told her this would limit resale but she doesn't listen. We did it online and were hoping not to talk to a sales guy but no, the dealer calls immediately presumably to secure his commission, then repeat all the same info we just put in online. We also filled out a form to apply for a government grant as they obviously sensitive about this, the £500 is refundable any time up to 31 March, same date the grant runs out, so they could see a lot of cancellations on that day! No order date yet.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Excellent choice, very interested in the new Mini myself. Will be perfect for your needs. I think the default alloys are stunning and would not affect resale value, your wife has good taste.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK this isn't good, just got weird email from dealer, say Inchcape is selling the dealership to another group so they want to transfer my contract to the new group, seems that if I don't do this Inchcape would still honour it but from another dealer site. Not a great start to the relationship.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok now dealer has a car to test drive and its a level 3 which is good. but wife not happy now as she realises there is no powered boot lid, which is important for her as she's a teacher and always has to hump a lot of books around so the kick to open feature was great. you can't spec this car unlike the countryman PHEV , just stuck with a trim package, colour and wheels options.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts