Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Nissan leaf
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Looking to put a deposit down tomorrow for a 66 reg 30kwh Tekna, which has done just over 18k miles. Hoping to get it down to £13k
One of the chaps from Nissan was kind enough to send me the battery SoH. It shows 97.17% which looks good but there's a couple of blue bars, can anyone shed some light on that please?
In terms of price, mileage and reg does this seem ok?

I've not had the best experience in my last few visits to Nissan dealers looking for a Leaf

Much appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi Zed

I am 1 week into ownership on a 66plate 30kw Leaf Teknawhich i got for £13k with 10k miles on it.

Mine had a SOH of 94.15 - i'd have been over the moon with 97%

I got 13k as they had mis-priced so agreed to meet half way - i couldn't get any other similar Nissan main dealer cars near. That said owe have now had the end of the month and we've hit the new reg plate so the 2nd hand market will have new ex pcp stock coming in so pricing may improve.

If you get it for 13k that'll be a good deal IMHO.

Be sure to check if its a 3.3 or 6.6 charger - if its 6.6 13k would be a great deal.

I got a further £400 deposit contribution and 2 free services thrown in for putting half of it on finance which i will pay off after the 1st months finance payment (I believe this is necessary to retain the servicing).

Make sure it has the 3 pin plug charger in the fancy case (£300 to replace i think) and a type 1 to type 2 charging lead (£150 to replace).

I think the colour of the bars is related to cells which are balancing if i recall what i read elsewhere on the thread (I'm sure someone will explain though). My leaf spy had similar but TBH I was mainly interested in SOH, Rapid vs L1/L2 charges and the mV difference.

If you do purchase and look to change energy supplier to Octopus Go (5p/kwh for 4 hours overnight) then my referral link/code is in my signature below and gets us both £50 credit.

I travelled 250 miles to get mine and thoroughly enjoyed a chilled drive home with food/drink stops to charge.

I have a purchase video being edited which ill post up soon

Let us know how you get on

Emilian

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hey all,

Looking to put a deposit down tomorrow for a 66 reg 30kwh Tekna, which has done just over 18k miles. Hoping to get it down to £13k
One of the chaps from Nissan was kind enough to send me the battery SoH. It shows 97.17% which looks good but there's a couple of blue bars, can anyone shed some light on that please?
In terms of price, mileage and reg does this seem ok?

I've not had the best experience in my last few visits to Nissan dealers looking for a Leaf

Much appreciated
How did you get a Nissan dealer to recognise Leaf spy AND send you the information from it?? Everyone I've tried will only send me their star rating guide...

·
Registered
2016 Nissan leaf
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Zed

I am 1 week into ownership on a 66plate 30kw Leaf Teknawhich i got for £13k with 10k miles on it.

Mine had SOH of 94.15 and id have been over the moon with 97%

I got 13k as they had mis-priced so agreed to meet half way - i couldn't get any other similar Nissan main dealer cars near. That said it was the end of the month and we've hit the new reg plate and the 2nd hand market will have new ex ppc stock coming in so pricing may improve.

If you get it for 13k I think that'll be a good deal IMHO.

Be sure to check if its a 3.3 or 6.6 charger - if its 6.6 13k would be a great deal.

I got a further £400 deposit contribution and 2 free services thrown in for putting half of it on finance which i will pay off after the 1st months finance payment (I believe this is necessary to retain the servicing).

Make sure it has the 3pin plug charger in the fancy case (£300 to replace i think) and a type 1 to type 2 charging lead (£150 to replace).

Think the colour of the bars is related to cells which are balancing if i recall what i read elsewhere on the thread. My leaf spy had similar but tbc i was mainly interested in SOH, Rapid vs L1/L2 charges and the Mv difference.

If you do purchase and look to change energy supplier to Octopus Go (5p/kwh for 4 hours overnight) then my referral link/code is in my signature below and gets us both £50 credit.

I travelled 250 miles to get mine and thoroughly enjoyed a chilled drive home with food/drink stops to charge.

I have a purchase video being edited which ill post up soon

Let us know how you get on

Emilian
Thanks for your input Emilian, yes it has the 6.6kwh charge and both cables. It's about 150 miles away from me. Will give you a shout about the energy supplier hopefully fingers crossed once I get the car :)

·
Registered
2016 Nissan leaf
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How did you get a Nissan dealer to recognise Leaf spy AND send you the information from it?? Everyone I've tried will only send me their star rating guide...
Hi, I had emailed the dealer about the car and asked whether they can provide me with the battery state of health and they sent it. I've inquired about a few leafs recently and this is the 3rd dealer that provided the battery info using Leaf spy. There have been some Nissan dealers that have said you can do it yourself.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thats certainly helpful of them to send you leaf spy - my experience of the 4 dealers i visited was that the sales people were largely unaware of it. 3 of them happily let me leaf spy their cars (i didn't have it at the other). I made telephone enquiries first to check whether dealers would be happy for me to leaf spy any prospective cars - I only had 1 who flat out refused.

I found that most of them were interested in seeing it particularly when id explained why i wanted to use it despite their blunt tool 5 rating.

If you get a 6.6 charger vehicle for 13K I am very jealous - have you discussed price yet to give you an inkling that its achievable ?

Reactions: Kingpleb1

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
It shows 97.17% which looks good but there's a couple of blue bars, can anyone shed some light on that please?
The red bars are ones that are shunted during the battery balancing phase. Note that it isn't quite fully charged - someone has stopped the charge before it fully finished balancing modules 1 and 86 (?) which is of no real significance, but these will be the ones to watch. Ideally you want to run the battery down significantly and take another reading, but it looks good so far.
Good luck getting it down to 13k - that's the right price to pay.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hi, I had emailed the dealer about the car and asked whether they can provide me with the battery state of health and they sent it. I've inquired about a few leafs recently and this is the 3rd dealer that provided the battery info using Leaf spy. There have been some Nissan dealers that have said you can do it yourself.
I've asked Smiths, Marshall's and Bristol Street (All Nissan franchise dealers).. none would do a Leafspy report (or a Nissan one actually giving a SOH) Bristol Street said I could plug it in and Smiths said that I could but would be responsible for any damage caused!?

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
If you get a 6.6 charger vehicle for 13K I am very jealous - have you discussed price yet to give you an inkling that its achievable ?
If OP is willing to compromise and opt for an Acenta with more miles, they could get a Leaf with a 6.6kW charger for under £10k :)

(cheeky sales plug :D)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Result - have you agreed a price yet ?

·
Registered
2016 Nissan leaf
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Result - have you agreed a price yet ?
Hi, yes got it down to £13k. Fingers crossed when I go on Saturday it is immaculate as they have described :)
Just need to start looking at trains to get there and then the route to take on the way back from Yeovil to Coventry

·
Registered
2016 Nissan leaf
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just had another look at the video of the Leaf i'm going to see tomorrow and the brake discs look corroded on the driver and rear side. No video footage of the passenger side.
I'm just asking the dealer to see if they have done anything to sort it or is it a case of driving it around and it will be ok?
They said they only had the car come in so its not been in the forecourt for that long.
Any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mine were similar but poss not quite as corroded (not sure if u could see in my EV Virgin buyer video. Discs easily pick up surface corrosion after wheels are cleaned - had this on previous cars after using a chemical alloy wheel cleaner and not driving for a day or two. See if it wears off the discs during a test drive. Mine were fine after a test drive and drive home.

·
Registered
48 Posts
......... so did you get it Zed ?

Reactions: JohnMars

·
Registered
2016 Nissan leaf
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
......... so did you get it Zed ?
Not good news unfortunately, I spoke to the dealer yesterday evening and this morning and they had a couple of minor things they need to do, which they will get done Monday/Tuesday
A waiting game for me as I won't be able to go until next Saturday :(

·
Registered
2016 Nissan leaf
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What did they need to do zed?
Bit of paint work on the bonnet and on the passenger side of the car. It was a bit of misunderstanding as they had the car in the workshop to repair a scuff and they forgot to sort out those bits
Not major but they are happy to sort it out in the next few days

·
Registered
48 Posts
It'll be worth the wait !!

·
Registered
2016 Nissan leaf
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It'll be worth the wait !!
Yeah I'm happy to wait.
Thanks for the referral for Octopus, hopefully that shouldn't take too long.
Just going through the application for the home charger. Not sure whether to go for the EO mini tethered or untethered

1 - 20 of 50 Posts