Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am new to the SpeakEV as I recently bought a 2015 Q210 with own batteries.

When trying to charge at home the car randomly stops charging and completely shuts off.

Sometimes it starts charging again but other times it doesn't until I open the door of the car and it starts again.

Does anyone come across this?

Apologies if this is a repeated question but I couldn't find anything similar.

Thank you

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
It is a question that comes up quite a lot, but I don't think anyone has ever worked out the cause, nor a fix. My old R240 Started doing exactly this and I posted about it but unfortunately never got to the bottom of it and ultimately got rid of the car. The mechanic couldn't diagnose the fault as they had a 22kW charger at the workshop so it would always finish charging before it had time to fully sleep and stop charging. It only seemed to happen when charging at a slower rate of up to 7kW.

Would you be in a position to return the car if it was bought from a dealer? If it is a recent purchase it may be worth trying to get a refund for it being faulty now rather than trying to work it out and potentially never finding a fix.

·
Registered
17 Posts
In my case it turned out that the random stopping of charging was caused by keeping the keycard in the pocket of my jeans. Apparently it easily happened that I accidently pressed the open chargeflap button. This stops the charging. The signal goes quite far, 10 m or so, and through walls. The issue stopped when I got the routine to put the keycard in a fixed place as soon as I got home.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts