Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I’m getting a Kona EV on Friday and been trying to find Quality, fitted car mats for the Kona, ideal turned up at edges to ‘keep mess in’ type. Does anyone know of any uk based good ones?
regards
Andy F-G

·
Registered
130 Posts
Your order #500004085
Placed on 2 June 2019 11:27:12 BST
Item​
Sku​
Qty​
Subtotal​
Boot Liner for vehicles with subwoofer
J9122ADE00​
1​
£47.51​
All Weather Mats
K4131ADU10​
1​
£40.83​
Subtotal​
£88.34​
Shipping & Handling​
£0.00​
Tax​
£17.67​
Grand Total
£106.01

Afraid I can't remember exactly what the website was, but it was a Hyundai one.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
We got Hyundai's own and find them pretty good
Afraid I can't remember exactly what the website was, but it was a Hyundai one.
I tried to order the rubber, 'turned up' all-weather ones as illustrated on the Hyundai website probably a month or two later than you (I got the car in July 2019).
They supplied a set of flat 'carpet on a rubber base' ones - total crap and nothing like the advertised ones. I sent them back.

No-one seemed to have the 'good' ones at that time, so I got some better 'carpet on a rubber base' ones from an aftermarket place for about half the price of Hyundai's.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I’m also looking for something like the Weathertech mats which are effectively formed trays that sit in the foot wells. Especially since I have both front seats fairly far back and I can touch the under-seat hump with my shoes. I really want to keep it nice inside but Hyundai don‘t make it easy.

·
Registered
VW e-Up! 2020
106 Posts
Is floor layout different from the ICE Konas? If it's not then these may be available/shippable to UK?
They exist in both left-hand-drive and right-hand-drive. I don't drive a Kona but I've used Gledring rubber mats on many cars and they fit extremely well and also hold dirt inside them well. However, they do go grayish/brownish with time (or, possibly, I don't maintain them correctly).

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Is floor layout different from the ICE Konas?
From memory when I got mine, it is different. There is a pronounced bulge that comes forward of the front seat mounts which I assume is to accommodate the battery.
I expect ICE mats would fit in the space but the back end would be raised an inch or two and the driver's side safety catches probably wouldn't line up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts