Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A tucked away location on the B3082 Blandford Road. There's a CCS/CHAdeMO/AC 43kW rapid charger and two 7kW posts with 4 marked bays. They are on what's now the BP Pulse network and I've heard some negative comments about the app.

However, I rapid charged there today and it was a hassle-free experience - the app knew where I was (as expected) and a couple of clicks later I was charging. Another click to end the charge when I got to 75%, by which time the rate was tailing off, but that's the Leaf, not the charger.

The name might put people off, thinking it's a closed site being a school, but it's in a large always-open car park with charging bays next to the road. Like I said, the app works perfectly and at 29p/kWh cheaper than a lot of other networks - including the nearby 40p Instavolt at Starbuck's on the A31.

(Excuse the careless parking - I'm usually better than that :))

·
Registered
MG ZS EV Exclusive
168 Posts
Thanks for the info - I'm a BP Pulse subscriber and am planning a trip to Weymouth next month (from London) and this was one ofv my options. I was a bit wary initially, given the address location, but glad to hear it's in an open car park. Many thanks

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Couple more pictures - second one is a view of the car park looking in the other direction. The school is in the background - it seems it just shares the site, giving it its name. There are also a couple of Portaloos on site if you are really desperate - and you have to be!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts