Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I am soon expecting the Delivery of my used eNV200 from Japan and was wondering if a Rear Fog Light and a Speedometer in Miles is required to be retrofitted to meet IVA Testing approval for registering the Vehicle for use here in the U.K.?
Many Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Yes to both, although in the past you could get away with a lookup table next to the speedo.
What do you plan to do about all of the warning messages which will be in Japanese (I'm assuming that you don't speak it)? EVs Enhanced - Home in NZ offer a plugin to get around this problem, but not the km issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I certainly don't speak/read Japanese and so will checkout the Plug In, Thanks. Just a thought could possibly try google lens for translation, has anyone tried it?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Bearing in mind you can alter the display language, it's possible that it might also alter the spoken warning messages.

I can't test that theory, as when we went to the Netherlands last year, it was a lot of hassle navigating through all the menus just to get it to change to km on the electronic display and then a different set of menus to reflect the new location, so I don't want to go through all that again!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I spoke to a friend who has a Nissan Elgrand and he's going to advise me as he has done this on his Hybrid import a couple of years back. Appreciate all the help that I have received on this Forum. Will post once done so others might find useful.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks. I spoke to a friend who has a Nissan Elgrand and he's going to advise me as he has done this on his Hybrid import a couple of years back. Appreciate all the help that I have received on this Forum. Will post once done so others might find useful.
Hi, wondering if you had a link or a name for the importer of your friends Nissan Elgrand Hybrid or indeed your own e-NV200, I assume at that age it's a 24kwh?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Hi All, I am soon expecting the Delivery of my used eNV200 from Japan and was wondering if a Rear Fog Light and a Speedometer in Miles is required to be retrofitted to meet IVA Testing approval for registering the Vehicle for use here in the U.K.?
Many Thanks in Advance
Without wishing to sound rude, I wonder why you would import a "grey" e-nv200? The normal market is for special japanese models which are not available here, such as the Elgrand. There may be features such as the up and over rear door which are rare here, or perhaps battery options? In general the price saving would need to be substantial to make the extra hassle worthwhile. The EV drivetrain warranty is a factor to consider.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts