Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - In ping-ponging back and forth between possibilities, one of the ones that comes up from time to time is the possibility of buying a used 2012 Model S Signature in good condition. I can't help it but I really like the Signature Red color.

In browsing around today I found one that claims to be Signature Red, but doesn't seem to have the same burgundy color - it seems to be a brighter red. My question:

Is it possible this is a more common red color and is not the famous "Signature Red"? I did check the VIN and it does appear to be a signature Model S. I will try to upload a photo with this post, taken from the ad online.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It's not letting me upload the image. I tried bmp format instead in this reply, but now it's telling me the message is too long.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That looks like signature red to me.
Ok, thanks. In the other pictures I've seen of signature red, it has seemed more burgundy and darker, not quite as bright red, but perhaps the slight increase in brightness is attributable to its somewhat changing appearance that I've read about.

·
1,517 Posts
Signature is a darker red than Multicoat Red... If the VIN is in the first 1000 Model S, the car would not have come with any red BUT Signature Red. Multicoat became available later than the Signature Red.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts