Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a quick question. With virtual exterior mirrors, when I shift the gear to R, will right hand side OLED screen go down and let me see the right hand side ground? (just like traditional mirrors)

I live in Asia. Seems like virtual mirrors need driver to manually fold it if you park in a tiny space......you know, the typical commute in a big Asia city. It’s so disappointed that such an expensive car still need manually fold the mirrors.

Local dealer has e-tron sportback 50 inventory, but only equipped with virtual mirrors. I am still hesitating whether should I pull the trigger. Thanks.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Yes mirrors will auto-adjust for reverse. There is also a "motorway view" option which automatically adjusts view to include a blind spot reduction feature (like th convex section on normal mirrors). The camera stalks do not fold away by themselves, they can be moved in manually.

Reactions: cah197

·
Registered
Audi E-Tron - Launch Edition
39 Posts
Yes that's correct, they do adjust for reverse - I do note though you don't get a full kerbside view, I think you'd see more personally in a traditional mirror which makes me extra cautious.

They do fold in manually, but I agree it is slightly disappointing this isn't automatic, though in my opinion they stick out about the same distance as the normal mirrors the E-tron comes with in folded position. They look like they stick out more than they do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts