Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
41 - 60 of 90 Posts
I am totally NOT involved with he iPhone development. It's a separate "fork". Your best bet is to head over to the issue tracker. There you can find a few discusions about it (check the yellow iOS flag) and if needed contact the developer.

fesch/CanZE

I have a Konwei Wifi one and it works fine with the iphone (And small enough to stay plugged in with the mat in place over the top

Only issue is the Android version of CanZe does not seem to work with a wifi dongle only blueetooth

@yoh-there are there any plans for the Andriod version to work with a wifi dongle?

Nope (at the moment).

To my best knowledge Android will try to establish internet access over WiFi and when that (obviously) fails it will disable the WiFi again. I should do some experimentation really. Anyone who knows absolutely sure?

Been following this OBD2 port thread with interest.

Now the problem !!!

Bought this obd2 dongle from ebay.
Technology Electronic device Electronics Electric blue Memory card

Not expensive, plugged into car and set up the WiFi, removed dongle, charged the car, and then plugged back in to check the status.
The car did weird things?? Showed zero battery state, strange tone through the radio ??
Brake warning came up ????
I removed the dongle FAST. All cleared, tried again ,the same.
Checked the dongle , and it smelled burnt !!!!
Electronics Hardware programmer Technology Electronic component Microcontroller

One of the chips had popped !!!
Back to eBay for a refund.no problems there.
Now when to amazon and got this dongle
Green Text Rectangle

Now the problem with one is I cannot insert this into the OBD2 socket in the Zoe ??
I compared the two dongles
Technology Plastic Electronic device Rectangle

It seems that the centre plastic bar is too thick on the Konnwei version.
Has anyone else had this ?

Is the OBD2 plug and socket not a standard size ??

The #1 is a generic case. What's inside is different. TBH I have never seen two the same. I only use those now for their case!

#2 looks weird. There are 2 types of OBD2 connectors, but the thickness does not vary. That must be a wrong batch, or at least plug. Looks like a "when it rains, it pours".

The later one looks exactly like the one I got, colour, packaging and all. I did find it a bit tight to install and remove, but I did manage it with a bit of wiggling. I hadn't realised that it might be the wrong size. I'll go and have a look...

@Blackwater - are you looking for an iOS dongle?

If so my link won’t work for you as you need WiFi (bluetooth is android only).

For iOS I used this: KW902 ELM327 WIFI OBD2 Car Diagnostic Scanner Code Reader Tool Fit Android & IOS | eBay

Sorry should have said on my post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No I am looking for an Android Bluetooth version, this is what I ordered https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0785F9P57/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 but they sent me a 901, not a 902 so I sent it back.

Ok - see my link in post #53 in that case for an Android bluetooth dongle :)

I should get mine next week as it’s currently on its way from China.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I am looking for an Android Bluetooth version, this is what I ordered https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0785F9P57/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 but they sent me a 901, not a 902 so I sent it back.
October 14, 2018 at 1:45 pm
I now have an KW02 dongle and it works, this time I ordered from the same supplier and they got it right https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B077XGSV83/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

SOH of 84% on my 14 plate Zoe and a SOH reading of 99% on my wife’s 65 plate Zoe.

41 - 60 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.