Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm doing a school project about electric cars and I would really apreciate it if you took a little time to complete my short questionaire. Gathering information is critical to my project.

Electric Car Questionaire

Thanks
Tom

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yep, I suggest survey price points of 10k-20k and less than 10k. At those price points, the saving in running costs soon cover the purchase cost, so its a really interesting price point.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
You have sussed that a very high percentage of this forum's users are european not american? You will need to note this in the final paper ;)
Mines electric with a petrol generator, converting to gas (LPG) not worth it. Did drive a gas powered leyland in the 70's the LPG conversion was good and kept the engine clean.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
23,404 Posts
it's = "it is" So that wasn't the one you meant to use.

possessive case "its" = "......its gas competitors....."

"its" is a possessive pronoun. Only real names get an apostrophe to indicate ownership.

Why do you call them 'gas powered cars', do you mean LPG or CNG? 1st rule of a survey; know your audience.

Did you mean $ and if so what conversion rate do we use? Is that before or after 'State taxes'?

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Don't worry too much about Donald - he's very pernickety and is thinking/hoping this is an industrial-grade survey! Clearly it isn't, but it's good to see younger people taking a keen interest in this important subject! Keep up the good work! (n)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hi Tom
Great to hear you're interested in EV's.

For most if us driving them, they fit into "sweet spot" use cases where we can do enough miles in them to make the cheaper running costs outweigh the expense of leasing, or in a few cases, owning them.
I got mine past my wife's approval by showing that we would have a new car for a similar running cost to the old 4x4s we used to run.

·
23,404 Posts
Don't worry too much about Donald - he's very pernickety and is thinking/hoping this is an industrial-grade survey! Clearly it isn't, but it's good to see younger people taking a keen interest in this important subject! Keep up the good work! (n)
err.. it is a school project! If they don't learn how to use punctuation now then they never will ... like many folks here on the forum never did.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
The competitors belonging to it ;) haha

It’s just something that doesn’t fit the rule so understandable when it’s miss-used.

Gas = gasoline which is the better description for what petrol actually is.

Petrol = Petroleum which defo isn’t what we put in our cars. Know your chemistry ;)

I’d personally write your statement differently anyway, adding a comma and removing a word.

If they don't learn how to use punctuation now, they never will.
Isn’t that the beauty of the English language? Shakespeare wrote total bollox and whatever happened to him? Ha

Stop being an arse about it :( shouting at kids!

JJ

·
23,404 Posts
I’d personally write your statement differently anyway, adding a comma and removing a word.
You have written how you might say it in speech, but it makes no sense in written form as there is no progressive verb compounded to the modal verb in the subordinate clause.

Isn’t that the beauty of the English language? Shakespeare wrote total bollox and whatever happened to him? Ha
....hmmm....

....whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer outrageous grammar and punctuation....?

Stop being an arse about it
As the OP says, it is a learning activity, and therefore the metric of success is the more learning that comes out of it.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I do wish I'd learnt to spel proper when I went to School. I do have a little envy of those who paid rather more attention than I.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts