Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

121 - 139 of 139 Posts

·
evezy referral code d6540
1,337 Posts
03A5A726-3924-4AC5-A3FC-DDCD4D23B162.png

Don’t think this is the OPs car as his was a 16 plate, but the same mileage. But could it be this one?

0CD749BD-B02F-493A-8EED-C42C6C7C0273.png

·
1,337 Posts
Funnily enough, they offered the OP £6950 for his.

·
Zoe Devotee
7,755 Posts
Do people really prefer to pay an extra £2300 for the privilege of buying through a middleman?

Think I'm in the wrong business.
Snap!

Funnily enough, they offered the OP £6950 for his.
Who did? A private buyer or the dealer? Surprised as they tend to offer far less.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Dealer contacted me and asked what i would let it go for, as I had said 6950 or thereabouts in the posting, Let it go for 6750.
A few weeks ago it was in for for its mot and 3rd service with the Renault dealer i had bought if from. I asked what they would give me for her as a trade in against the new Zoe and they stated £5k.
I contacted Badger in Black as a trusted dealer from whom i bought my ZE40i last year and asked his opinion. I was told it was actually worth £6.5k trade. So decided this was my minimum base figure to sell it for.

·
1,337 Posts
Snap!

Who did? A private buyer or the dealer? Surprised as they tend to offer far less.
We Are EV. And picked it up from Edinburgh.

·
1,337 Posts
No they picked it up from Watford if it's mine you are referring to.
No I’m referring to the original poster. Interestingly you both had 2016 Zoes with only 11k on the clock. And We Are EV bought both of them. They must trawl through the classifieds on this forum. Probably not contacted @Sandy because his Zoe’s mileage is too high for them.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Do people really prefer to pay an extra £2300 for the privilege of buying through a middleman?

Think I'm in the wrong business.
Really yes they do. It gives them peace of mind, a warranty, a cup of coffee and an office to do the paperwork in. Everyone knows cars cost more from dealers... people still pay tho.

There are more risks buying privately, and the average person is a lot less sure of themselves when it comes to car purchasing than any of us.

Cheers.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I must admit that I felt safer selling to the dealer and they did all the leg work.
Before they picked up the car they had transferred the battery lease to themselves. I was copied into email messages between them and RCI and all I had to do to start that was sign, date and put mileage on the buisness lease transfer form which I scanned and emailed to dealer.

Deposit paid into my account on the initial chat to secure car and final payment before car was collected.
All vehicle transfer stuff with dvlc done by dealer with DLVC sending me conformation by email imediatly.

Didn't need to take people out for a test drive or be stood up by those who have no intention of buying in the first place.

Suppose the experience also depends on dealer but was very impressed with James at We Are EV Ltd.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
I think the point to note is that if a person goes on autotrader and sees a dealer Zoe for £9k and then they see a private one for £6k then they can make an informed risk based decision.

what lots of people won’t then do to compare is go on gumtree or FB.

potentially they might cross reference with eBay but not much further than that

JJ

·
Zoe Devotee
7,755 Posts
Well mine is likely getting traded in against my MG now when it arrives in April. No one gets a deal!

·
Premium Member
10,038 Posts
Well mine is likely getting traded in against my MG now when it arrives in April. No one gets a deal!
I suspect that is "Cutting off the nose to spite the face" as £50 spent on Autotrader would probably return £500 or more. I am also very surprised if the MG dealer is offering as much as an independent EV dealer would as they will just send to auction.

Anyway good luck and I hope you enjoy the MG, it looks a good car for the money on the initial deals - especially compared to new Zoe prices!

·
Registered
97 Posts
@G.a.r.y as I know what you paid for the black car (still gutted you beat me to it) I'll give you an extra grand for it 😀

Did the blue one sell? I think I missed that.

·
Zoe Devotee
7,755 Posts
as £50 spent on Autotrader
I consider it more expenditure and risk for no guarantee of return. As it stands I now can't apply for the Scottish Energy saving trust 0% loan, but i also don't have to find a banger and keep that on the road. So its swings and roundabouts. Having now worked out finances I don't need the entire amount (as paid by EST) and I can chose a loan that allows over payments.

The only loser as I see it is a prospective second owner who could have got a bargain from me. But I'm sure whomever buys the car will be happy with their purchase. I was aiming for £6500, as that's what I was offered in a failed sale. Now someone else will buy it for at least £1k more and that won't include the roof bars and granny lead I was throwing in with the sale.

121 - 139 of 139 Posts