Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is looking to change her ICE to an EV and a used Smart ForTwo electric (a few years old) is on the short list (so is the i-Miev and I've posted a similar thread in the Mitsubishi group). I've managed to do a bit of research so I have most answers but I was wondering if someone can help with the questions below.

I believe there was a model change around 2017, but I think this will be out of budget so more likely the previous generation will be the one these questions apply for.
  1. Does it have a heated steering wheel?
  2. Does it have heated seats?
  3. Does it have remote heating?
  4. Does it have cruise control?
  5. Does it have any battery thermal management?
  6. Does it have a battery heat gauge?
  7. Does it have a user accessible SOH display?
  8. Does it have anything equivalent to LeafSpy app? (diagnostic app, via wireless OBD port)
  9. Can a standard sized DIN (or double DIN) stereo be easily fitted?
Thanks for your help in advance

·
Registered
2,191 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
My wife drives a 2014 smart ForTwo Electric drive so I can answer your questions: -

1. No
2. Yes - two heat settings per seat
3. No. Used to via an app, but this is now unavailable
4. No
5. Don't know. Have a look at http://autocats.ws/manual/sdmedia/mediadb/mb_Acrobat/einf/451/2012_03_001_001_en.pdf. This may give you an answer.
6. No
7. No. Just an analogue gauge on top of dash with battery % SOH and dash display with miles remaining
8. Not to my knowledge. Very low volume car. Only about 200 units sold each year (for series 451)
9. Yes, double DIN

Hope the above answers your questions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts