Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And so it begins...

Arrived at South Mimms with 10% to find a Leaf charging and a Kia Soul waiting (preproduction model). Soon after, another Leaf arrived - he had the Type2 cable so at least he could get some charge.

South Mimms *really* needs another rapid.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
And so it begins...

Arrived at South Mimms with 10% to find a Leaf charging and a Kia Soul waiting (preproduction model). Soon after, another Leaf arrived - he had the Type2 cable so at least he could get some charge.

South Mimms *really* needs another rapid.
Wasn't there going to be a Tesla supercharger there?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What did you make of the Kia?
It was dark, sadly. Had a bit of a chat with the driver, he seemed quite happy. It seemed to charge quite quickly too - as if it didn't slow down after 60%; it released the cable sooner than I expected (he told me it was OK to remove if it finished).

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wasn't there going to be a Tesla supercharger there?
There are 2 covered plinths where the superchargers were due to be placed before Tesla and Ecotricity had their spat, which is probably what's delaying an additional rapid, sadly.
Wouldn't surprise me if this is the busiest rapid in the south though.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I am sure Ikea MK gives it a run for its money, I turned up there today, got a good charge then gave up to allow a Mitsubishi Outlander to charger,and as soon as he finished a Zoe rolled in, they really could do with a 2nd charger

1 - 6 of 6 Posts