Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi All,

I am looking to buy a second hand Renault Zoe (2015-2016) and went to see a dealer today. When speaking to the dealer, he said that the car is not able to do quick charging. If I for ex are on the motorway and run out of battery, i cannot go in a service stop and have a coffee while waiting for my car to charge - it would charge at the same speed as it would if i charge it back home, about 10-12 hours for a full charge.

Is that right? Can I purchase an adaptor or different cable to be able to fast charge it?

Tyia!

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
There are two maximum charge rates on the Zoe 22kW and 43kW, they will both charge at 7kW on a home charge point as home charge points are generally 7.2kW.

The Q model can charge up to 43kW and the R model can charge at a maximum of 22kW.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts

·
Speak, Eevee!
1,027 Posts
No the non-rapid version will still charge up to 3x as fast as at home on a rapid charger. Home chargers are 7kW, but the Zoe will do 22kW on a triple phase charger

I'm biased as I got the non rapid charging version but by my understanding there's not enough of a difference between charging times of the 22kW and 43kW (rapid) versions to really worry about it unless you're up and down the motorway a lot. It doesn't do a full 43 all the time but is more consistent at 22, so you're only looking at something like 30 minutes vs. 40 minutes on a typical 20-80% charge

1 - 6 of 6 Posts