Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just wondering if to update my map or not. I have 2015/16 installed but looking to get 2016/17. I know the satnav isn't the best but I do actually use it sometimes. I was after someone checking who has the 16/17 version to see of the below road A160 (near South Killingholme) has been updated to the below? Old one is a single A road not the dual carriage way it is today.

Many thanks,

RIch

ust

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I wouldn't bother !

I believe the update would cost in excess of £100 and still be 4 years out of date. ! For rather less you could have a portable device to stick on windscreen with free lifetime updates or for nothing at all you could use Google Maps on a mobile.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yep, even the maps in the first 40kWh versions (manufactured / supplied from launch to early 2019) had out of date maps. Updated maps were installed from early 2019 before the updated system (which now uses TomTom) were fitted.

Anyway, as @EricM said, the maps cost around GBP 120.00 (depending on which version - Nissan | Navigation System GPS Map Update Home), so you would be better served to use a portable SatNav (most of which now have lifetime map updates) or the mapping service of Google Maps / Waze etc.

BTW - last year, Nissan were advising free updates to 24/30kWH Leaf owners, but this is service is no longer on the website.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Don't bother, waze and plugshare will do everything you will need (plugshare or zap-map) and you don't need to spend a fortune :)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
BTW - last year, Nissan were advising free updates to 24/30kWH Leaf owners, but this is service is no longer on the website.
Afraid I missed that offer - else I'd have been in touch to demand a similar offer for 40kWh owners !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts