Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched the forum and the manual but cannot find a definitive answer - if you unlock your car with your iphone on approach, and the iphone is linked to your driver profile, will it automatically restore your profile settings?

At the moment it seems I have to use the profile menu on the screen to select my profile. Nothing changes until I do that. I thought it would recognise the driver and adjust the settings automatically.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, that is what is confusing me. It seems that for some drivers the profile is activated when they open the door, for others they need to select the profile once in the car, and yet others use Easy Entry. I have not tried Easy Entry yet, as I don't really need it.
So is the profile automatically activated or does it have to be manually selected? That was my quick question. Thanks.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I have two phone profiles set up in our M3 - one for my wife and the other for myself. Both are different. When I approach the car it changes the settings to mine - the seat is fully adjusted before I even open the door. The same for my wife when she approaches the car with her phone, however, the car adjusts to Easy Entry because that is part of her profile.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just to wrap up. Following the advice above I did everything again from scratch and this time the profiles work as expected. i.e. as the person with the profile opens the car door, the profile settings come into effect, the seat is moved etc. as you would want. Don't know what the problem was first time around. But it helped knowing how it works for others and that encouraged me to try again. So thanks everyone for the contributions.

·
Registered
120 Posts
When my husband drives the car but I am with him the car defaults as my profile for some reason. We both have easy entry set. Is there anything I can do to make this work?
I have this often. My wife has the keyfob and I use my phone. It depends which one the car detects first I guess but it always seems to choose my wife & I get crushed against the wheel while frantically stabbing at my profile.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts