Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else find an inconsistency in the volume of the radio & a bluetooth media music connection? I have to turn the volume up considerably when I switch to bluetooth.

Is there a simple solution?

This is the case for both my iphone4 & my recent iphone6 upgrade.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Bluetooth uses the phones volume whereas plugging into the usb uses only the car volume.

If you make sure your phone volume is on full when you use Bluetooth you shouldn't have an issue

·
Registered
274 Posts
I use Tasker on Android to shunt my media volume all the way up to max when I connect to the car bluetooth but I still have to double the volume of the car as compared to the DAB/radio/CD volume.

I have an Ampera but have noticed this on previous vehicles as well. Seems to be a common problem which needs some kind of volume normaliser or something.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I have tried maximising the phone volume and it has made no difference.

It's interesting to hear it's a problem in other vehicles & with other phones, but the weird part is it didn't seem to be an issue initially with the car, so it looks as though a software update somewhere has caused a problem. Next step find the EU volume capping switch on my iPhone....

·
Registered
621 Posts
That's very odd. I would have sworn it was phone volume related! Sorry about that...

Try the dealership and ask them to re install the software maybe to give it a reset? I don't really know sorry.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the car is having a service at present & the loaner is a more modern i3 which is doing exactly the same thing, so I don't think it's a fault as such. I was hoping of r a work around or hidden setting....

·
Registered
621 Posts
Well the car is having a service at present & the loaner is a more modern i3 which is doing exactly the same thing, so I don't think it's a fault as such. I was hoping of r a work around or hidden setting....
I probably do adjust the volume a bit but I have never really noticed it as a problem, just a 10 - 20% adjustment at most I think.

I just thought that it reverted the the last volume position that was set for that device when it ended its last use. Like for the traffic alerts, navigation etc. I assumed it had a volume associated with it that when you change it one time it then comes back on at that volume he next time it's initiated...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think it used to be like that but now I have to do a BIG adjustment.

Is anyone else out there using an iphone6 & not having a problem?

·
Premium Member
9,719 Posts
Have you disabled EU volume limit? Mine is still quieter dock vs BT, but its a lot quieter if volume limit is on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This was my issue as well .. however I've just moved to pocketcasts on Android (From doggcatcher) and within the playback options is to boost volume - it works brilliantly !

No more swapping back to radio / music and scaring myself half to death !

So basically it can be controlled by the sending device

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't think so, but I'll check. I have just got the car back after 10 days away, so I haven't had a chance to check anything for a while. I have a piece of software which may resolve it for my iPhone. I will report back on both items.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Interesting developments & a solution!
1: Playing through USB gives equivalent volume to the radio
2: I downloaded an App called "Equaliser" - a limited version of which is free & one of it's controls is a apparently an effective "bluetooth line out" gain control - which cured the problem.
So it seems there is an invisible control that Apps such as Equaliser or Pocketcasts give you access to.....

Thank you for the interest & tips guys.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts