Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've had our 2016 Zoe for just over a year. When tried to get the connected services set up, Renault advised that the previous owner never signed up so we would get the full initial periods as if we'd bought it from new (all good, in theory). They couldn't get it properly connected at their end so, after trying the 'disconnect - reconnect' process, we had to take it in to Renault (20 miles away, thankfully around the same time as a service) so they could do something with the sim. They were very cryptic as to what they were doing and cust. services would only speak to the dealer so I'm none the wiser.

After this it all seemed to be working fine and connected. Then, around 3m later I noticed that the battery status had stopped updating. My husband had been the main driver for a bit so I didn't give it much more headspace. Recently though, I noticed a couple of new roads have disappeared from the nav.

I've downloaded the new Renault App which shows the car and appears to connect but no charging/battery details available. Oddly, the climate launcher does appear to work. I tried the disconnect-uninstall-reinstall-reconnect process a few users have had success with and then took it for a drive but still nothing. Out of curiosity I tried some of the 'services' and it says it can't connect to the R-link store and there's a problem with the TomTom server. All of the apps show as 2016 versions, I'm not sure if there have been any updates since?

Has anyone else had the same issue? I did a search with no luck but if there's already discussion about this please let me know!

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
6,940 Posts
There's a bunch of different connected services and they often set them up with different expiries. Only way to find out is to go onto the Rlink website from a computer or tablet and check from there. Make sure the needed ones are all current.

TomTom is poor anyway. I found mine barely worked even after paying for 3 years. I wasn't best pleased and Rlink support never managed to sort it out.

The Zoe connectivity issues are fairly common.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!
Contracts all seem to be active (see below). I don't hold out much hope of Renault being able to sort it hence posting here - to be honest, all I really want to be able to do is monitor charge!

My Z.E. Connect as Standard
36 Month - End 03/09/2022
ACTIVE
TomTom LIVE and Connectivity 36 months
36 Month - End 11/10/2022
ACTIVE
My Z.E. Interac Outright 36M
36 Month - End 03/09/2022
ACTIVE

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
6,940 Posts
If all the packages are up to date and active then it suggests it's more likely to be the car. There have been a number of issues with the connectivity hardware being faulty, it sends drivel to renault servers so the server end basically cuts the car off.

When you turn the car on if you go to the status information does it always say 'connected'?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts