Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

As I excitedly start looking at all the different bits of software I can use in association with the Zoe, can anyone tell me the difference between R-Link and R-Link 2?

I'd say a 2013 Zoe would have R-Link, is that right? Or is it called something else? Is R-Link 2 much better and can it be installed as an upgrade to R-Link?

Apologies if these are stupid questions.

Cheers
Jim

·
Zoe Devotee
9,448 Posts
Rlink 2 isn't in Zoe. it's Rlink evolution 1.5. With capacitive screen and dab built in is all.

Cars from early 2016 onwards have the newer one.

·
Zoe Q210 Dynamique Intens, Kia Niro PHEV
1,353 Posts
Rlink 2 isn't in Zoe. it's Rlink evolution 1.5. With capacitive screen and dab built in is all.

Cars from early 2016 onwards have the newer one.
Current Expression models don't have DAB, not sure if they are capacitive screens or not.

·
Registered
955 Posts
My understanding, as gleaned from this forum and not guaranteed to be scientifically accurate, is that:

<2016 = R-Link (resistive touchscreen)
2016-present = R-Link Evolution (capacitive touchscreen)

R-Link 2 has been discussed, but to my knowledge does not exist in any ZOEs (including the "new" Z.E.40 models).

It is said that the original R-Link is more "laggy" than the R-Link Evolution, but I only have experience of the Evolution version, so can't compare.

Also, behind the dash, it's my understanding that when the DAB option is present on the car:
R-Link = Separate DAB module
R-Link Evolution = Built-in DAB module

But this is detail that is hidden from the user. As far as the user is concerned, the car either has DAB or it doesn't.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Not sure if R-Link 2 is or could be in the Zoe. R-Link 2 is what's today in the Espace, Talisman and the new Megane, so I doubt it will fit in the Zoe at all. Here's a pic:

http://www.frenchdriver.fr/media/up...-espace-5-2015-frenchdriver-1-035-960x642.jpg

Maybe Zoe 2019 will get R-Link 2 or R-Link 2.5 lol

In terms of speed, back in March 2016 there has been a major speed upgrade of the R-Link system, as far as I have seen. Prior to the March update, R-Link was sluggish, but after that update it seemed that it had a new life. I'm not sure if that's what Renault is quoting as another R-Link for the Zoe though... I doubt, honestly. When I was playing at the dealer's with the Megane and the Talisman, I didn't see any super performance compared with Zoe's R-Link, just different graphics and another twisted way of reaching important stuff (too many submenus)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks again everyone. Sad, but true, I'm looking forward to all these little bits of technology I can play with. I'm sure it will keep me quiet for hours. Except on here of course. Expect lots of daft questions :)

·
2nd Zoe ZE40 Q90
338 Posts
Not sure if R-Link 2 is or could be in the Zoe. R-Link 2 is what's today in the Espace, Talisman and the new Megane, so I doubt it will fit in the Zoe at all. Here's a pic:

http://www.frenchdriver.fr/media/up...-espace-5-2015-frenchdriver-1-035-960x642.jpg
R-Link 2 is also available in Landscape on smaller screens.
I am curious if Zoe's R-Link will get a software update to bring it closer to R-Link 2. Even just UI and a few features.

Does anyone have any info on the big March software update for Zoe's?

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,737 Posts
AFAIK the March update is mainly for the BCB (charger). There have been some issues lately with ZOEs not charging on 3 phase chargepoints with their (initial) charge current set on 10A. But maybe it is a bigger software overhaul, I don't know. My speculation is R-Link in the current generation of cars will never see a serious update.

·
2nd Zoe ZE40 Q90
338 Posts
AFAIK the March update is mainly for the BCB (charger).
I was hopeful it would be a software update along with ZE Trip being added soon.
I don't know why, but I really want CarPlay... but I can get Nav and Music from the phone anyway.

I think I'll just be happy finally having a Zoe with DAB

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
R-Link 2 is also available in Landscape on smaller screens.
I am curious if Zoe's R-Link will get a software update to bring it closer to R-Link 2. Even just UI and a few features.

Does anyone have any info on the big March software update for Zoe's?
It may be the addition of 'Trip' as it's already mentioned here ....Features | ZOE | Electric | Renault UK

No mention of the Waze they hinted at a while ago though

·
Zoe Devotee
9,448 Posts
I was notified by rlink support a few weeks ago that a major update is coming in March which will fix my outstanding (since March 2015) issue of persistent petrol stations and inability of rlink to add newly used chargers.

Reactions: yoh-there

·
Zoe Devotee
9,448 Posts
I stand corrected on the R-Link stuff then! :)

Well I'm just going on what a CS dept said... following that I said to them "I still want my outstanding calls kept open until I can confirm they are resolved". As I feared they were just trying to close off old tickets, they replied "they'd contact me nearer the time of upgrade".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts