Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, the infotainment screen is showing the message "Radio module disconnected" in the left hand block where the radio interface should be. Needless to say, the radio doesn't work.

Has anyone ever seen this message? Any idea how to fix it?

The usual routine of powering off and rebooting has achieved nothing. I don't know if it means a physical or software disconnection.

I have a nagging feeling that I've seen this issue mentioned here, but I can't find any relevant messages.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
So you've tried disconnecting the 12V battery? If they didn't fix it, then I think you'll need to take it to a dealer.

I've had the completely blank screen with working audio just a few times in my 13 months of ownership, but turning the car off for a few minutes solved that.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't tried pulling the 12V battery yet. Perhaps I'll try that tomorrow.

The odd thing is that this happened just after I had been having trouble connecting my phone to use Android Auto.

Which is why I wondered if it was some silly software screw up.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,392 Posts
The radio module is behind the glovebox. *** packet sized silver box with 3 connections going into it. A "fix" is the unplug these and leave for a few mins and then reconnect. Mine currently says "Radio module initialising" and the dealer tried the unplug fix. Didn't work sadly, so a replacement module has been ordered.

·
Registered
Corsa SRI Nav Premium
5,089 Posts
My brother had a towbar fitted to his HS last month and that screwed up the radio module. They must be really tender. He's currently waiting for a replacement.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,392 Posts
My brother had a towbar fitted to his HS last month and that screwed up the radio module. They must be really tender. He's currently waiting for a replacement.
Sounds a bit coincidental?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts