Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick and stupid question on the Eniro can you switch off the radio?
On my current car Kia ceed 2014 I can’t and it’s annoying until you turn the volume right down, every time you start the car it’s like this and on an EV it would be a waste of battery power.
Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry just realised I need to clarify what I mean.
The radio always comes on when I am driving, without touching the on/off button.
If you do press the on/off button it shows on the screen the radio station it’s playing at very low volume.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Sorry just realised I need to clarify what I mean.
The radio always comes on when I am driving, without touching the on/off button.
If you do press the on/off button it shows on the screen the radio station it’s playing at very low volume.
Never had the problem in the Niro. Radio is on when I put it on, and off when it turn it off.

·
Registered
191 Posts
When you press the volume button, you see a message on the Nav screen that says "AV Off" confirming that the radio (or the media player via bluetooth) is actually switched off. It stays off until you press the volume button again.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well just been playing it does go off but not when using sat nav it’s on in the background all the time until you turn the volume down.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hmmmm, mine turns off completely when the button is pressed in - and indicates that AV is OFF on the Navigation screen.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have never encountered a car radio that CAN'T be turned off. I have a 2016 Ceed and can definately turn it off. It displays an analogue clock when off. And it does remember.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I seem to have a unique car, I should be proud, but its annoying in the background when using the sat nav, which is nearly every time.
It’s only on volume 1 but I can hear it. Thanks all for the replies.

·
Registered
41 Posts
So what happens when you push the volume knob ? Nothing ? It should be the same unit as my 2016 unit, (with the exception of the cd player which is not on my unit). Sound to me like you need to give Kia a call for a warranty replacement.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Just checked mine again today. When you press the volume button in (the black centre bit inside the knurled knob), it turns off completely and "AV Off" is displayed at the top of the Nav Screen. Even if I subsequently just turn the volume button up, it stays completely silent.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Perhaps I’m not explaining well the on off switch works.
It switches the unit on and off but whilst the sat nav is on the radio plays in the background all the time and I have turn down the volume to zero.
Thanks all

·
jim5452
5 Posts
That was the most annoying thing about the Ceed, yes you could turn it off, but as soon as you restarted the car the radio was there faint in the background.
Spoke to the dealer and was told that was how it was, but if you tune it to a non exsiting station you would not hear it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts