Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find some info on the charging times of phase 2 kangoos. A client wants 7 and may want to recharge during the day - his preferred charge point manufacturer makes a max 22kw unit. Can't find any figures for charge times for any kW values. I'd ask the lease company but they would be clueless as would most dealers. Any info would be gratefully received.
Cheers

·
Banned
3,715 Posts
@Chris Everitt I believe the Phase II Kangoo is still using the 16A (3kW) charger. That seems consistent with the recent report by @aminorjourney and @Mark Chatterley on Transport Evolved;

"Possibly the biggest mark against the Kangoo Van ZE is the lack of rapid charge options. There is no ability for a Rapid Charge of any type. Adding to this issue is that the Kangoo only has a 16A (3.3kW) on-board charger meaning a full charge takes 7.5 hours from empty"

http://transportevolved.com/2013/12/17/quickcharge-renault-kangoo-van-ze-phase-ii-2013/

·
Registered
366 Posts
My understanding that the battery and charging has stayed the same since the 2012 production, ie, 16amp max, no 3phase 22kW no Rapid the only difference is they changed to Mennekes from Type 1.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Forgot I have a contact at Renault who works on the Zoe project team, here is the response....
Unfortunately, Kangoo Z.E. only charges at 3KW. The reason we have more advanced charging technology in the likes of ZOE but not in Kangoo Z.E. is because we wanted to make sure Kangoo Z.E. had no compromises in terms of payload and loading dimensions to the Kangoo ICE.

Reactions: Kevin Sharpe
1 - 8 of 8 Posts