Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently struggling with munus, sub menus and sub sub menus that are not altogether intuitive, I thouht it may be helpful to have a place to ask (and answer) short snappy random questions that don't sit under a single title or heading.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So here goes: Has anyone found a secondary odometer or trip milometer in MY20? I have found something under journey details but that doesn't meaure decimals and it resets then the engine is turned off. So a problem if I want to measure a full journey but stop of at say a service station.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Updated the UVO app which was previously working fine, now not. "No response from vehicle". Anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
56 Posts
So here goes: Has anyone found a secondary odometer or trip milometer in MY20? I have found something under journey details but that doesn't meaure decimals and it resets then the engine is turned off. So a problem if I want to measure a full journey but stop of at say a service station.
On my MY20 PHEV, the "Journey details" figures don't seem to reset after every stop, there seems to be some kind of delay to take care of short stops, but I haven't been able to determine what exactly constitutes "short".

·
Registered
305 Posts
On my MY20 PHEV, the "Journey details" figures don't seem to reset after every stop, there seems to be some kind of delay to take care of short stops, but I haven't been able to determine what exactly constitutes "short".
I think this is pretty standard. The limit for what constitutes a single journey on my Seat Leon seems to be an hour.

·
Registered
60 Posts
No issues with Android Auto on my USA-spec Niro EV. I just wish it were wireless, as well as wired. This article mentions Kia models other than Niro.

·
Registered
305 Posts
No issues with Android Auto on my USA-spec Niro EV. I just wish it were wireless, as well as wired. This article mentions Kia models other than Niro.
I'm not sure wireless Android Auto is even a thing yet. Definitely annoying. My current car doesn't even have Android Auto so I just use bluetooth for audio and put the phone in a holder for maps. Yeah, Android Auto is better, but at least my current solution is wireless.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yesterday I set up a pile of cardboard boxes and drove right through them. When does anti collision mean to work and not work?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Never had the brakes actually apply automatically but have heard the warning sound come on when rapidly approaching slower moving cars. Had I not applied the brakes manually, I probably would have had a collision given how close I got to the other car. Did you hear any warning sound in your test? Maybe there is a minimum speed needed for it to trigger.

You could also try approaching the boxes with smart cruise control enabled and see if the car detects the boxes as another car. On the screen where you set following distance, it should display the distance in car-lengths to the boxes as you approach them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Maybe boxes are not reflective enough for a sensor to detect at speed.is it the front radar device or Camera detecting the obstacle or both? Don't really know how the detection system functions but just a suggestion.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Yesterday I set up a pile of cardboard boxes and drove right through them. When does anti collision mean to work and not work?
AFAIK the anti-collision operation is based on the front radar, so unless the radar reflection is strong enough they won't be noticed. If the boxes had been coated in aluminium foil that should have given a different outcome.

Here are just two of the many web sites with interesting information about vehicle radars and reflections from various objects

Vehicle Reflection

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Amazon use stealth boxes which is why you never hear them shoving your parcel in the wheelie bin ;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
AFAIK the anti-collision operation is based on the front radar, so unless the radar reflection is strong enough they won't be noticed. If the boxes had been coated in aluminium foil that should have given a different outcome.

Here are just two of the many web sites with interesting information about vehicle radars and reflections from various objects

Vehicle Reflection

Having worked on radar systems in the past was my reason for my comment. Poor weather rain fog snow all has a negative effect on the performance of the system.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts